Saturday, February 03, 2007

Is that a polemic in your pants


or are you just happy to see me?

I haven't done one in a very long while, so it seems like an opportune time for a shot at a “Best Of” list.

Not a really, really for-real “Best Of” mind you, but these are some of the posts from the last year or so that I liked, or you liked, or elicited a lot of hoo-ha. It will also be very helpful for me in my dotage to be able to point here and remember that once upon a time I could string two or three words together and make them dance.

On the blog main floor, we have these display models of the usual stock-in-trade:

For myself I am Optimist (Cross file under: Diebold? Bueller? Bueller?)

9/11/06

The Doc never lied.

The Constitution of the United States.

Some Bobo

With a side of Bobo.

And a slice of Bobo for afters.

The calendar shows 52 Sunday Mornings last year. Here's one.

Another Sunday Morning

What? Yet another damned Sunday Morning? Yep.

For where your treasure is…

Why Cassandra lost her damned mind.

The power of boozetive thinking.

Life during wartime.

WaPo Hazel shocked to discover bloggers talk back.

Texodus Part 1 and Part 2.

On trying to farm scorched earth.


To One out of Ten.


Reactionary Politic

What it means to be a Liberal

Black is White.

When stupid people believe in magic.


Hills like white supremacists

The Amazing Jebusaurus



To your left, we have a small collection of DVDs for rent:

Plan Asinine from Outer Space.

The Dino in Winter


12 Angry Liebermen



And from the boutique just around the corner from the main floor, we have samples of the more exotic items (Don't tell the other posts, but these are my special favorites):
From A-to-Z in the Dubya Alphabet


GOP OnStar


Tit poetry

19th Century Blogging

Our Lewd and Savor.

An alternate history of Jesus

Clinton and Me

Fear and Loathing on the Spam Pain Trail: All about Spam – Part 1 and Part 2


If you have any others that especially nuked your Wheaties last year, let me know.

Finally, the working/paying world has gobbled up far more time and energy in the last year than I thought possible, so I have been as remiss in answering comments as I have been remiss in a lot of other thing. So let me just say here that I very much appreciate all of the kind words, wisdom, insight, rebuttals, "Fuck You"'s and corrections you share so freely.

Thanks.

7 comments:

BitterHarvest said...

Let me be the first to say reading you has been my pleasure. And don't mention the wisdom, insight, rebuttals, and Fuck You's. That's been my pleasure, too. Especially the Fuck You's.

driftglass said...

Well, Fuck You too amigo :-)

Frank said...

I haven't checked to see if its there but one of my favorites was your version of the cheese shop sketch.

BitterHarvest said...

Aha! I have my top ten list of favorite Driftglass posts of the last year. In order from EPIC to merely great:

Over There (Jan 4, 2007)
We're All Liberals Now (Feb 26, 2006)
Party Leader O'Brien (Nov 8, 2006)
Get Behind Me, Boys (Nov 16, 2006)
Evangelical Duh-Thena (Nov 4, 2006)
To The Trained Palate (Jan 4, 2006)
My Name is Nick Kristof (Dec 3, 2006)
Bush Breaks Own Record for Disavowal (Feb 2, 2006)
No, You Jump (Nov 29, 2006)
The Day Iraq Stood Still (Nov 10, 2006)

You already mentioned the best from last summer, D. Plan Asinine, Behold the Amazing Jebusaurus, and Wretched Mole Rat were all brilliant.

Anonymous said...

I don't even try to choose. I just struggle to keep up! Someone SO needs to hire you so I can give them some subscription money.

Anonymous said...

snowwy's point goes up to 'Eleven'

DG, you are definitely over employed and under compensated in the blog world. It's a chore just to catch up, but always worth the time.

Cheerio,
-skunqesh

Anonymous said...

very good site.

greetz from www.diebisch.de