Thursday, August 03, 2006

“The DINO in Winter”



Yeah, it’s Movie Night again here at castle driftglass.

Sometimes that peculiar little Muse just parks itself on my doorstep and won’t leave or let anything else by until I play fetch with it for awhile.

What can one do?

Inspired by True Events, the epic story of the stormy, passionate marriage of Lieberman of Aquitaine and his King Dubya is a timeless classic. However since I know you all live hectic lives -- and I am hella busy -- to serve you better I’ve cut it down to 34 lines, three acts, one prologue and one, sweet graphic.

Enjoy.

Holy Joe's Prologue:
He came up from the South to Washington with a mind like Homer Simpson's...and a form like Benny Hinn.

We shattered the Constitution on the spot.

I spent three months ditching my Party, then in May, in spring, not far from here, I became his beeyotch.

Young King Dubya and his “Democrat With Benefits”...
Act 1
Dubya: I marvel at you after all these years. Still like a Democratic drawbridge: going down for every wingnut.

Holy Joe: At my age there's not much traffic anymore.
Act 2
Holy Joe: Oh, Dubya, we've mangled everything we've touched.

Dubya: Deny us what you will, we have done that.

Holy Joe: Do you remember when we met?

Dubya: Down to the vote and taste of your saliva. I could hardly see you for the sunlight.

Holy Joe: It was raining, but no matter.

Dubya: There was very little talk, as I recall.

Holy Joe: Very little.

Dubya: I had never seen such self-serving, Party-deserting acquiescence. I walked right up and kissed it. God, where did I find the nads to do that?

Holy Joe: In my eyes.
Act 3
Holy Joe: We're jungle creatures, Dubya and the dark is all around us. See them...in the corners? The voters? You can see their eyes. And they can see ours.

Dubya: Fuck the voters. I'm a match for anything. Aren't you?

Holy Joe: I should have been a great fool...not to be your beeyotch. You'll campaign for me? When I run against my Party?

Dubya: Come the Fall, give Karl a jingle. We’ll set something up. You know, I hope we never lose!

Holy Joe: So do I.

Dubya: You think there's any chance of it?
Nope.

14 comments:

BitterHarvest said...

That graphic is the finest yet, D. Rock on.

Karen McL said...

Ah...clever Drifty...

But ya ignores my FAV lines:

Holy Joe: (On the use of special terrorist interrogation techniques favored by Dubya) - "I'd hang you from the nipples, but you'd shock the children."

and

"I wonder... do you ever wonder... if I slept with your father..."

*smirk*

Anonymous said...

That graphic and my late lunch are not a marriage made in heaven.

heh.

The Minstrel Boy said...

"there will be pork in the treetops before easter!"

driftglass said...

justme,
Sorry. Hope it wasn't anything expensive.

karen mcl,
good lines. great flick.

TeddySanFran & BitterHarvest,
Thanks!

WereBear said...

Oh. Man.

I got so hysterical at the graphic it was hard to appreciate your wit in the movie lines...

Anonymous said...

Oh my FSM, driftglass, this was soooooooo sick and wrong. I'm still wiping tears from my eyes. Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Drift, the satanic photoshopper...
:o)

"Why, I offer you...peace."

"Piss on your peace..."

Remember that, Drift?

GREAT flick.

Goddamn, the dialogue just crackled with electricity.

What a piece of inspired grotesquerie to have the two "lovers" shtupped onto the bods of those good souls. :o)

In other news, 300,000 Sadrists can't be wrong, can they? It's kind of like a perverse payback of "force multiplying" for bushCo:

"We want it; we got the hammer; fuck YOU; we GET it!"

Anonymous said...

Perfect. just perfect.

Anonymous said...

uck! that's.. that's just wrong.

sick and wrong.

and reaaally funny!

unironically enough, I first thought it was a "Planet of the Apes" pic.

Cornelious never looked so regal.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/thundermall_1906_20180018

Anonymous said...

I always thought it was "The Lyin' in Winter"

Miss Cellania said...

Thats sick. I love it! Great work.

Anonymous said...

I linked this post in my LJ for my friends - that was the BEST altered image you've used that I've seen, and the fact that it's my *favorite* movie of ALL TIME doesn't hurt :D - Thank You Unca Driftglass!!!

driftglass said...

Thanks and you're welcome to y'all.
I'm pretty happy with this one.