Friday, July 15, 2022

How to Waste 800 Words (And Get Paid for It!)


I get paid to make boom booms in the potty!

After spending 750 words meandering through the same barren fields he has been over-farming to dust for 30 years --

-- Imaginary Independents! --

Brooks:  Far more Americans consider themselves independents than consider themselves either Democrats or Republicans, and independents may be growing more distinct.

-- Third Party! -- 

Brooks:  Furthermore, if ever there was a moment ripe for a Ross Perot-like third candidate in the 2024 general election, this is that moment.

-- Mr. David Brooks finally lands here.

I guess I’m looking for a sort of modern Theodore Roosevelt. But heck, I don’t know. What’s coming down the pike is probably so unforeseeable that I don’t even have categories for it yet.

Think how much pain our poor, wounded country could have been spared if America's Elite Pundits had realized decades ago that they had no fucking idea what was going on and, instead of gassing on and on about Centrism and Civility and The Extremes on Both Sides, they had had the decency to shut their fucking holes and wander off  into the woods forever.

 


I Am The Liberal Media

10 comments:

Just another boomer said...


I'm pretty sure what he's saying: I guess I'm looking for someone who is willing to say he's not a Democrat, doesn't like Democrats, thinks Democrats are bad for this country, is willing to give a Sister Souljah beatdown to Nancy Pelosi, but holds Democratic positiions on everything that matters. You know, someone like me.

Hal Rager said...

If DFB could help foment a 3rd party whose candidate could hamstring the GOP in 2024 and deliver true majorities for the Democrats it would be the single greatest service that Mr. F-B* could render to the Republic
* a scion of the Baltimore Fucking-Brooks I believe

Anonymous said...

"...I don't even have categories for it yet."

Since you can't say it, a Christofascist state.

Robt said...

The old Independent call to hoot.

Not the hoot of an owl, but that of the crow.

As if one person elected as president being a independent is the silver bullet to the DGB imaginary wet dream.

No doubt this independent savior will caucus with the beloved GOP he continues to pretend exists for the people.

Hordern to Marge Green will all kneel to this grand wizard of independents. Why not the Green party for Brooks? Would he day dream of a Libertarian?
Brooks is one of those MAGA rally gofers that dons his T0shirt that has the printing on it that sys, "I would rather be a Russian than a democrat".
DGB will never shake his indoctrination and zealotry worship of all that was Hoover.

DBD I must admit, is not one of those in which I would look to for advice of anything. Rather, applying reverse psychology to everything he espouses.
I do this under the guise of Freedom and freedom to think for myself. Which FFB has always opined against.



Neo Tuxedo said...

Once again, I crave your permission to put that last paragraph (and possibly the post entire) onto my Twitter timeline and tag @nytdavidbrooks or however the ass he spells it, that the poor intern/climenole who takes care of it (and, presumably, of Moral Hazard) may decide whether to pass it along to the shining blight of the Young Fogeys Club.

Unknown said...

"Here's some money. Write a delusion. Try not to shit your pants this time, ok?"

Idiot.

driftglass said...

Neo,

Go for it.

Ian said...

Why would you condemn our poor woods to a lifetime of David Brooks?

dinthebeast said...

"What’s coming down the pike is probably so unforeseeable that I don’t even have categories for it yet."
Why do I have this feeling that when it gets here, we will somehow become aware of the categories you dream up about it, and also that those categories will be hackneyed, lame, and cooked up in the service to some goddamn both sides claptrap you had for lunch yesterday and now are in need of relieving yourself of?

-Doug in Sugar Pine

Tony said...

David Brooks is still (sort of) alive?