Monday, June 27, 2022

Quincy’s Calling. Let It Go to Voicemail.



The town of Quincy, Illinois is rolling out an expensive multimedia advertising blitz to urge people to relocate there.


Quincy’s Calling | Marcus from North Star on Vimeo.

In addition to all the other amenities the campaign highlights, Quincy will pay you up to $5,000 to move there. 

However before you pull up stakes and light out for the "Gem City", here  are a few the facts about Quincy which their ad blitz fails to mention.

Quincy is the county seat of Adams county, and Adams county is bright red wingnut country.   

Adams county went 3-to-1 for Trump in 2016.

And after four years of racism, chaos, plague, corruption and ruin, Adams county once again went 3-to-1 for Trump in 2020.

And can you guess what the largest event Adams country has hosted in a long while might be?  Hint: It's been reported in every major American newspaper for the last couple of days.  

From KHQA/ABC:

Rally attendants happy to have had Donald Trump in Adams County.

The Adams County Fairgrounds saw supporters file in from all around the region to hear former President Donald Trump speak as part of his endorsement of Congresswoman Mary Miller which was quite the scene for spectators.

"It was awesome seeing that many people here for president trump," said Cierra Wood.

People weren't able to enter the venue until 2 p.m., but they were there well before then in excitement to see Trump.

Cierra and Matt wood travelled from Eureka, Illinois to experience their first Trump rally and it did not disappoint.

"It was life-changing, for sure," said Cierra Wood.

"Oh my God. It was amazing,” said Matt Wood. “It was like a party atmosphere. I loved it. I loved it."

...

"I loved it,” [Teresa] Leebold said. “I put my grandbaby up on my shoulder and said that's probably the first time, and last, you'll ever see a president. Like me at 52, it was my bucket list, and I did it."

"I was getting chills. I love President Trump,” said Matt Wood. “Loved him for years. Love him forever."

"I think everybody loved it,” said Leebold. “Everybody that loves Trump is out here. Yes, I can't wait for him to make America great again. The people all came together to support him and on our way in, I didn't even see any protesters. So, that says that us down here love him."

You are, of course, free to live wherever you choose.  And $5,000 is $5,000.

But  unless the life of a family member depended on it, I wouldn't set foot in this wingnut Angri-la for so much as an order of fries at the Quincy McDonald's.

 

Burn The Lifeboats



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it was just luck (They just happened to not film them, entirely by chance I'm sure), but, I didn't see any black or brown faces in that introduction to Quincy.

Went for trump big.

Quiet, in a good way.

I think there might be something between the lines, hard to put my finger on it.