Friday, October 08, 2021

Circle of Life

As most regular readers know, in January of this year I was suspended from Twitter for life for referring to a wingnut who stepped to me on Twitter as "trash".  Really.  That's all it took, which is wild considering the level of paint-peeling invective, disinformation, violent rhetoric and subornation of outright treason that goes unmentioned and unpunished, especially among the Bluechecks, in the Twitter sewer every hour of every day.

Anyway, one of my most dogged internet minders who delighted at my expulsion was this goof -- a recent convert from the GOP who took great umbrage at the fact that I wasn't lining up to kiss the Lincoln Lads' collective asses.  This was not an uncommon sentiment among many savvy Liberals at the time -- savvy Liberals who directed tons of "Shut up!  Sit down!  The enemy of my enemy is my supervisor and so forth" shit my way back when I was just about the only voice out there trying to sound the alarm.  


Well today Lincoln Lad co-founder and fake internet tough-guy, Rick Wilson, decided it was time to seize the spotlight so he saddled up his Twitter account say some objectively ridiculous shit (no, he wasn't banned for life -- this is not that story.)  
And it put me in minded of Mr. Carter and his umbrage and I wondered, somewhat idly, if time and tide had tempered his foolishness.  

So I asked a friend of mine with an active Twitter account to check in on him and, well...


The Axe Forgets
But The Tree Remembers


2 comments:

commie atheist said...

I was permabanned from Twitter for three words: "Kill the Kochs." It was a comment I made to someone else tweeting yet another in an endless series of articles about how the Koch family was spending millions to make America safe for their billions. Oh, well.

CaffreyEJ said...

I was adrift after I was banned from Twitter.. I felt small comfort in a Joe Biden Victory. I felt better after Georgia’s Senator results. I created a Pinterest Account around that time which allowed me to “thumbs up” some Tweets. I also found Flipboard as a mediocre Substitute to read Twitter lists. Just discovered you now. One more Feedly RSS to ….. CaffreyEJ. I miss my Twitter interactions but life goes on. EdwardJCaffrey https://pin.it/46zGGdq