Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Never Trumpers Aren't Selling. Never Trumpers Are Buying.


And once they and their corporate media backers once again control the political narrative in this country you will never hear another, actual Liberal voice above the din of Both Siderists again.

These people will erase all of history prior to 2016, just as they erased all of history prior to 2008 after the collapse of the Bush Administration.  The New Respectable Center will be relocated somewhere to the right of Strom Thurmond.  Joe Scarborough, Charlie Sykes, Steve Schmidt and Bill Kristol will take up the mantle of America's new Very Serious Centrists, and their rallying cry (which will be on teevee every single fucking day) will once again be that problems plaguing our nation are the fault of the Extremes on Both Sides.

A rallying cry I will see enthusiastically parroted on the op-ed pages of every newspaper from the New York Times and the Washington Post to my local Republican rag.

And on that day I will thank you all for your attention for lo these many years, then quietly fold up my tents, post a farewell video and take up scrimshaw or bee keeping or writing children's books.

But until then...




No Half Measures


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every "like" for the Lincoln Project is a donation to the "Tom Cotton for President 2024 SIEG HEIL" campaign. It's that simple.

Robt said...

Lincoln project's ADx are merely their public application and resume to the GOP to be hired and included in the theft of the wealth of the country.

In the present, I accept their work inregards to GOP on GOP mischief..
I look at their ADS more directed at GOP tan genral populace.

The GOP will have to come to their own terms with them in the future.

For now, I accept their criticism of themselves to influence their zombie hordes.

I do not need them to tell and explain to me the rot of the GOP. Even as the GOP tells us their God created perfume to cover up the smell of their rotting corpse they refuse to bury.

RossK said...

At the end of the run on George's building and loan (and his honeymoon money) Mrs. Davis' humble request for $17.50 is the reason I still hold out hope that folks, if they truly understand the situation, will finally stop listening to people who will always, in the end, have them voting against their own collective best interests.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! Thanks for all the hard work and heart you have given.

Right now that's all I have to give is my words (ie my equivalent of only requesting $17.50), but I hope to remember you monetarily if my circumstances improve. Thanks again you are fighting the good fight.