Friday, December 25, 2009

An Early New Year's Resolution

LemonFont
In the coming year, I hereby resolve to stop writing crucial parts of my posts in "Citrus Limonia Nuance" -- my custom-made, 2.6 point, lemon juice invisible-ink font -- and go back to basic black, 12-point Times Roman.

It was, admittedly, too cute by half, and has already caused several people to come down with severe cases of Sudden Onset Twisted Panty Disorder over something I wrote which the damned Lemon Nuance font obviously made it impossible for them to read, or -- thanks to its sinister citrateous powers -- made them see (and fly into a rage over) something I had never written at all.

It was reckless and irresponsible of me and it shall not happen again.

9 comments:

Larue said...

Merry Christmas Hoss, and thanks for sharing ANY of your fonts with us, we is lucky for it.

darkblack said...

Not marching in lockstep, eh?

Good.

;>)

Happy holidays, D.

driftglass said...

Larue,
Merry back at you.

darkblack,
Hard to goosestep when you've got no rhythm :-) & Happy holidays to you too.

Rehctaw said...

The missing small print is not yours... such a fine line isn't it? But such a true test of character. Since it's a pretty safe bet you haven't radically changed your thinking then maybe the finger pointers should look at the compromises and quibbles they're accepting.

It's sad to see the winnowing and petty power plays, but easy to see who's shining who.

Merry Christmas Sir Glass.

Comrade PhysioProf said...

Dude, no need to cater to the least common denominator. Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

Palamedes said...

As someone who would prefer to see the Senate health care bill thrown into a deep, dark pit, I still prefer your clear-eyed opinion to others' noisemaking.

And as someone who is dealing with a local version of...well....maybe "corporate Democrat" isn't the correct term, but most definitely a "lord of the manor" lifestyle while pretending to prefer the cloak of egalitarianism, I feel for you as you deal with the land of my youth, Hizzonerville.

Keep up the good work.

StonyPillow said...

I don't always agree even with myself, Drifty. And how can you tell what you're thinking unless you read what you blogged?

Get another barrel of "Citrus Limonia Nuance" photons. They're on sale now. And use 'em freely.

Phil said...

What the fuck is he talking about? I need to Turn up my hearing aids.

Myrtle June said...

Well, maybe there should be an amendment to cover that Sudden Onset Twisted Panty Disorder stuff. I bet that's the only panty action they've gotten in awhile...

I liked what you wrote there. Let there be more SOTPD in 2010!

I got all silly and accepted this news year's challenge here:
http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/12/22/design-something-every-day/

Might be fun!