Saturday, February 04, 2006

She will be mine.


Oh yes.

Well Rosario Dawson has apparently been ensorceled by a guy who is merely talented…

…and prosperous…

…and has that kind of surreal, bi-lateral Aryan symmetrical handsome thing usually not found outside of 1939 German Heroic Propaganda posters.

Ah, Rosie.

And Lucy Liu’s bodyguards (Hey, Duane. Hey, Ray-Ray) have threatened to switch over from rubber bullets to buckshot and up the amperage on their Tas-O-Matics if I persist.

So just when it looked like my chances of making a little time with a celebrity personage who stands tall in my fantasy Universe would begin and end with the afternoon when I had fast, bad sex in accidental proximity to a “Charlie’s Angels” lunchbox…this pops out of the ether.

Lance Armstrong & Sheryl Crow Split

February 3, 2006

In another shocking celebrity breakup, LANCE ARMSTRONG and SHERYL CROW have split, according to People magazine. The seven-time Tour de France bicycling champion and the rockstar musician got engaged in September 2005, when Armstrong proposed to Crow in Sun Valley, ID, not long after he retired from the pro circuit in July. He and Crow officially became an item back in early 2004.

"After much thought and consideration we have made a very tough decision to split up. We both have a deep love and respect for each other and we ask that everyone respect our privacy during this very difficult time," a joint statement released to People through Armstrong's spokesman read.


I don’t mean to make light: Breakups are enormously painful, and when every pinching, nerve-scraping nuance of it is played out in the public eye, it's got to be so very much worse.

Seems like everyone I know has just lost someone or is on their way to losing someone, one way or another. And unless the person you loved has so completely mutated into a rabid mako that you feel nothing but relief at their leaving and they cast not the slightest shadow of pleasant nostalgia for even the one or two good times you had, there is no way you can have that talk, or make that mignight move, or take that million-mile walk down the crowded hall at the county court house without something dying inside.

That being said, I have always had a thing for Sheryl Crow (and although as a rule I don’t know or give a shit about the comings and goings and scandals and diets of the pretty famous famous/pretty, there was always something faintly “Monroe/DiMaggio” about her marriage to Lance Armstrong. So I'm figuring -- hehehe -- that maybe she's up for a writer next time around.)

And I will certainly let a respectful interlude elapse before making my move, but that, it turns out, is a very tricky business. In my life I have already let more than one opportunity for happiness (or at least naughty good fun) slip by while I was busy being gentlemanly-concerned about the well-being of recently singled women friends.

Let’s say, for the sake of conversation, that one such occasion takes place on a Tuesday.

Well attracted to her or not, a gentleman doesn’t start pitching product while she’s tearful, raw and vulnerable. Opportunistic diseases rush in and feast on fresh wounds, but gentlemen do not. Period.

And then on, say, that Thursday, she’s all perky and abubble and happy as hell about this new guy she just met…

Idiot!

So timing here is critical, and I have learned my lesson about the fate of he who waits.

So does this make me a common rebound whore?

C'mon, is the Pope German? Does Bobo shit in his shoes and then wonder where that poo smell is coming from?

That being said (and see how Honest and Trustworthy I am) one thing I can promise you, Sheryl, is that I would never, ever pressure you to wear a Ciclosport HAC4 Heart Monitor/Altimeter/Computer


Or a Polar Cadence Sensor

In the boudoir.

Unless, of course, you’re into that.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

The lips on that woman! You will have plenty of competition. More like a stampede actually. She was with Eric Clapton as well, another living legend, so she will not have to lower her standards to be with the one and only driftglass. You should start all your posts with one of her song titles, that would demonstrate your devotion.

Anonymous said...

Bro- you've established a track record with lyrics and multi-media work. She'll just melt at the opportunity to be with a true celeb (see post below) worthy of her affections. Besides, Clapton is WAY over-rated. ;-)

roxtar said...

Dude. Three words for you.

Kid Rock's leftovers.

OK, I think I've made my point.

driftglass said...

roxtar,
So...only the dewy-eyed virgin for you? My my; Where do you do you shopping? :-)

us blues,
Clapton roolz. And hopefully I won't have to participate in any kind of Battle of the Bands thing for the fair lady's attentions. If I can move the contest onto more favorable ground -- like useless science fiction trivia or thumb wrestling -- then I think I have a shot.

martini,
Nah. I'll just keep to myself and think Powerful Naughty Thoughts in her direction. Because that has worked so well for me in the past :-)

Anonymous said...

There's something so ladylike and ... "Georgia O'Keefe" about the pose in that photo. Subtle, very very subtle.

I knew I should never have let me talk them into viola lessons over guitar back in high school.

:(

-- mac

Anonymous said...

Drifty, you go guy! Just suck it up, and give it more cow bell and she is yours, I just know it.

I hope I get an invite to the wedding.

She is definitely dreamy.

Anonymous said...

What I don't get is: why does she keep getting dumped? She seems really cool, but she can't seem to stick with any one guy, and I don't get the impression that she's a bimbo. It sounds like she's usually the one getting dumped.

Anonymous said...

Hey you're into Sheryl, that's cool. I'm into Liz Phair. So you, as the talented writer, and me, as the non-talented writer...

Well best of luck, I say. :)

1988dylan said...

More cow bell, more cowbell, Not enough cow bell! Sr. Driftglass, Buena Suerte en tus endeavors. Now about that Lance. He thinks he can "work with Bush" to help the cancer cause. Must not be very bright.

Did ya hear about Thom Delay's forced abortions program in Saipan, USA? It'll never see the light of day in the SCLM. It's in Al Franken's book. The Truth (with jokes).

Anonymous said...

I realized, belatedly (ain't it always like that) that, after reloading your site several times to no avail, that I , yes I, have become addicted, no, not to switchgrass, but to this site. Now, I wanna know,, where have you been?

That said, I glad you are back.

Anonymous said...

Drifty:
Good taste and good luck. To me it's that attitude she shows in her bearing that makes the difference. The music is OK, but I prefer "americana" music.

res ipsa loquitur said...

Hmmmmm... I guess this is the point at which I start learning how to play the guitar.

Anonymous said...

Just checking out blogs and thought I would stop and read yours since we have some of the same interests and ideas. Some of the ideas are a little much and some are right on. I am glad I stopped by just to say hi I hope you don't mind. Some people consider it spam ( I DON'T ) but if you don't want people to post why do they leave it open for the world to see. I have some great wedding information and articles available for free around 2000 savings ideas so stop on in if you want... I also have some of the most informative sites on yoga and baby gifts and baby showers. Hope you enjoy Thank you for your time.top 200 wedding songs

top 200 wedding songs

Anonymous said...

Just checking out blogs, and thought I would just stop and read yours since we have some of the same interests. Some ideas are a little much and some are right on. I am glad I stopped by just to say hi I hope you don't mind. Some people consider it spam I DON'T but if they don't want people to post why do they leave it open for the world to see. I have some great wedding information and articles available for free around 2000 savings ideas so stop on in if you want... Thank you.mens wedding rings in chicago

mens wedding rings in chicago

Anonymous said...

Good comments. But, I do not agree with most of them. People sure have a lot of time on their hands.

Anonymous said...

This blog looks good and works well - good info and content. a firm fan at lead affiliate programs

Anonymous said...

I am here because of search results for blogs with a related topic to mine.
Please,accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
I have a make risky money site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I'm back to check your blog again and you just keep the great posts coming! Do you know of any great websites that sell diaper cakes. I've seen a few good ones but I think www.diapergifts.com make the best I have seen. You have got a great blog and I will be back to check it out.

Anonymous said...

I am here because of search results for blogs with a related topic to mine.
Please,accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
I have a .la domain names site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

Anonymous said...

Hello Friend! I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please make a visit to my make money surfing web while site.
Good luck in your endeavors!

Anonymous said...

Hi Friend! You have a great blog over here!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my make money stuffing envelopes site.
Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I was searching blogs,and I found yours.Please,
accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
If you have a moment, please visit my make money stuffing envelopes site.
Have a good day!