Friday, September 16, 2022

Charlie Sykes' "Has Now Suddenly"...


...is what makes it Art. (h/t Alert reader ziply)

For those of you who get itchy at the sound of Sykes' voice:   

Sykes: What a strange and wild ride. No, y'know, it it's like your, y'know, "crazy uncle" that you've kept in the basement has now suddenly, y'know. appeared and is running the... running... running the show.

A monster that rises from toxic soil after thirty years of carefully tilling and cultivation may be called many things, but "sudden" is not one of them.



I Am The Liberal Media

4 comments:

Ian said...

" "crazy uncle" that you've kept in the basement "
I keep many things in my basement, but my relatives (no matter their mental state) are not among them.

Frank Wilhoit said...

If you ran a puppet show for -- well, you said thirty years, I would have named a much larger number, but let us just say for long enough that the audience starts thinking that the puppets are real: then, as you say, the process of the audience losing their grip is or was gradual, but there is a tipping point at which that process suddenly becomes apparent and an emergency. For me, that tipping point occurred in 1980, and it was scarringly sudden, even though it was an epiphany about a process that probably began during the reign of Henry VIII (the Trump of his time).

Anonymous said...

Sykes is eternally grateful to Joy for not pointing out that he, Sykes, spent decades creating this fucking monster.

Anonymous said...

Good morning, BG and DG. So sorry, as I'm probably using the wrong venue for this, but there's an article on DKos, from Keith Olbermann of all people, which I thought you might want to see. I'm sharing the link here:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/9/16/2123400/-MEET-CHRIS-LICHT-CNN-HATCHET-MAN#comment_84537042

I can understand if you prefer not to let this actually show on the page (linking to another site), but please do check it out.

Thank you!