Friday, August 20, 2021

We'll All Remember Where We Were The Day Tom Friedman...


... finally ran out of imaginary cab drivers to "interview".


I was tempted to write this up in greater detail, but the Twitter ratio that sprang to life from Tom "Friedman Unit/Suck On This" Friedman breaking out a fresh nib for his New York Times pen to opine about this subject -- 

Three People I Would Interview About Afghanistan

President Johnson, what did you think of Joe Biden’s speech about quitting Afghanistan?

Johnson: I listened to it, and I have to say...

--  came so close to being a global SOC7 divide-by-zero error that it damn near broke the interwebs.

 
Update: Thanks to Alert Reader kurt63 for passing this along!
Burn The Lifeboats


6 comments:

bjkeefe said...

As I said on the FB, one of my all-time favorite shoops.

It is really hard to believe that this guy still has column space in the NYT. Thank you for checking it so I didn't have to? No. Curse you for reminding me!

;)

re the paragon said...

Great "Jan in the Pan" shot.

Robt said...

Tommy, like many of his special celeb status.

Is and has been like one of those alarm warning systems.

See his latest and defend yourself against it.

Green Eagle said...

Are all three of these guys driving cabs now? Man, where are those right wing think tank jobs when you need them?

Robt said...

Green Eggle,,,,

Perhaps those Right wing think tanks now requite some level of actual thinking or some facsimile for employment there now.

It could be a requirement of a level of thinking they see as "Nodding your head " in a manner that agrees with their Think tank boss.

Kelly in Texas said...

Mr. Glass; I didn't realize it'd been this long since I'd seen mention of THE MUSTACHE but sure enough!
Anyhow, I saw an article today that I thought SURELY you had written!

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2021/10/4/tom-friedmans-tribal-tantrum

Here's a small excerpt;

While they are at it, archaeologists may also ask how it was that a man who argued that McDonald’s was the key to world peace and that the Beijing Olympics fueled the Arab Spring ended up institutionalized at the US newspaper of record, where he was heavily remunerated for self-contradictory and cringe-inducing babble.