Wednesday, August 25, 2021

The Boosters Are Due On Maple Street



From The Wall Street Journal:
Biden Administration Plans Covid-19 Vaccine Boosters at Six Months Instead of Eight 
Pfizer, BioNTech have requested clearance for Covid-19 vaccine boosters that an official said could be administered six months after previous dose...

Over in the Better Universe, the vaccines are universally seen for what they are: safe and incredibly effective.  And once they're cleared as boosters, everyone who's eligible will be queueing up on the first day of their eligibility to get jab #3, cheerfully bantering in line about this life-saving miracle of science and how damn lucky we all are to live in a country where such things are possible.

But we all know that's not how this is going to go.  


No Half Measures


1 comment:

dinthebeast said...

I was standing in line at the pharmacy today picking up my prescriptions when a guy who looked older than me (I'm 60) stepped up to the counter to look at some literature they had about getting vaccinated there. He seemed to be reading it closely, so I asked him if he was thinking about getting vaccinated. He sort of grumbled: "I already got two of them, now I need a third."
I told him that I got one, and probably will need another in October.

-Doug in Sugar Pine