Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dear David Dave in NYC


am·ne·sic
adj \am-ˈnē-zik, -sik\
Definition of AMNESIC
: of or relating to amnesia : affected with or caused by amnesia



See, I actually do read the comments :-)

Much more often than not, I am not in a position to reply, but I do read and enjoy them thoroughly.

And so, in no particular order, thanks, Tild: may take you up on that -- I did listen to David Brooks' TED talk and oh my my -- Brockway, Ogdenville and North Haverbrook -- 13 -- no, you can just wipe it off and use it again -- and, in all seriousness, many, many thanks for your intelligent and complimentary and occasionally "fuck you"-ish comments: they put a song in my heart every day.

Of course, some days that song is...

4 comments:

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

wait-
Bobo has a TED talk? fuck.

Anonymous said...

He was at a TED talk? Seriously? I respected those....

ZRM: I just saw Zardoz available on NetFlix. I think that is the only sci fi movie worse than "Battlefield Earth" (the Scientology flick where John Travolta was given the biggest codpiece in the movie, no joke). I have always been very loathe to stop watching a movie. The first time I saw it, I quit after she picks up "the" book. Second time, I got about 20 minutes past that. Third time, I sat and watched it. Gods, it was horrible.

Mike.K.

David in NYC said...

It's "David in NYC"*, but, seriously, thanks for reading my comment all the same. ;-) Really did enjoy the Music Man material, and the reminder that Professor Hill would no doubt be POTUS nowadays.

*Just burned my bridges with the Obama ass-kissers at Rump Roast over, partly, that, so I should be consistent with you.

My standard (i.e., non-medical) dictionary indicates "also: amnesic", which leads me to believe that "amnesiac" would be preferred. Also, too, is the fact that The Music Man is set in pre-WWI Indiana, and my sense (cannot find an etymology right now) is that "amnesic" would be a more modern spelling (fewer letters = easier for those raised on the boob and inter- tubes).

But, hey, whatever (in the transplanted Midwesterner sense). As I said at the time, I was thinking along the lines of what would keep Marian the Librarian happy.

In the overall context of all your writings, it's about as important as saying Babe Ruth was a lousy bunter.

David in NYC said...

Merci!