Monday, August 01, 2005

America.



The Beautiful.

(The original pic was apparently scaring people and making cows give sour milk, so I found this Frazetta sketch of Bush, Cheney, Rummy and Rove that seemed equally appropriate. The song, however, as Led Zeppelin said better than I, remains the same.)


Oh Pitiful, these specious lies
Of dissembling Men of Gray.
Their purple prose’d falsities
Gitmo Truth as plain as Day.

America! America!
In the hand’s of such as these.
Bushy punks and Rovish skunks;
Liars, Cheats and Thieves.


Oh secretly the traitors meet,
Queen Judith to impress.
Her lies now lie all at her feet
And yet she won’t confess?

America! America!
Where Crime Lords make the Law.
And fill the rubes through Fox’s tubes,
With sewage dank and raw.


How Cowardly their whelplings prove
Who cringe from Their Own War.
Who more than country, themselves they love:
”Fuck this, let's send the Poor!”

America! America!
Where Da Bush usurps Divine.
Where “Noblesse” no longer “obliges”
...except the Bottom Line.


How grotesque it is, this Fundy scheme
That plays upon our fears!
How piggishly their eyes do gleam
As ruination nears!

America! America!
In the hand’s of such as these.
Bushy punks and Rovish skunks:
Liars, Cheats and Thieves.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't stand to look at that man. Take that picture down.

Anonymous said...

Man you just aren't wired up like the rest of us. To pull such satire from the ethers is unique. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Anonymous said...

dr. pedant ...
you beat me to it.

Anonymous said...

Bravo, maestro. Bravo.

jurassicpork said...

Good job, Drifty. As someone who's published in both disciplines, it can't be easy making the transition from prose to verse.

Mister Roboto said...

Not to mention coming up with the right amount of rhymes per verse...

Rhymes perverse! I just made a funny, I did!

Melissa McEwan said...

That picture is fucking hilarious. (And is that Ashcroft I see in the background covering a pair of rocks with a sash?)

Anonymous said...

Well done, Drifty! Liars, Crooks and Thieves, oh my! Liars, Crooks and Thieves, oh my!

Anonymous said...

Now, I'm curious as to the original picture...

Your song prompts me to link back to my version of "An Unreconstructed Liberal"

Jim McCulloch said...

The original picture was more alarming? A naive or obvious question, here--was it Bush?

Anonymous said...

The original pic was Bush in semi-profile with a bunch of flags. Not as overtly ugly as the new pic, but more perverse and twisted, as if Bush represents the true ideals of our nation.

Anonymous said...

yeah, the original also had that disturbing, meth-fiend-just-coming-on-after-a-month-in-detox, self satisfied expression that creeps me out whenever i actually realize that it's spattered on the guy who has control of the launch codes. sour milk indeed.

jurassicpork said...

Was this before or after they discovered the monolith, Drifty?

driftglass said...

jurassicpork,
They have a special, GOP monolith that actually lowers your IQ. I understand that it stands 8.5 inches. Cut!

Darryl Pearce,
Thanks for the link.

US Blues & justme & beginningtowonder,
Gratzi!

Shakespeare's Sister
lol!

Loveandlight,
You're scaring me now.

Mister Roboto said...

Drifty:

It took me this long to scare you, did it? Now I know I'm getting old! :-D

Anonymous said...

So far, two people have come out and said they think that Day By Day is at least sometimes funny. Neither has provided any physical evidence of this. so please have a look at real estate loans

Anonymous said...

I am not that great of a writer and will probably ramble often. I also think things in my life can be pretty boring and since I am trying to update every day (or every second day) abt cash advance a lot of the posts will be pretty lame. Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

knowledge of the subject is great and its fun to read here. check cash advance

Anonymous said...

Hello Everyone

I have made a Web site about gathering business intelligence.

I hope you check it out.

http://moti4u.com