Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Bush nominates Death Itself for Surgeon General


Republicans promise quick confirmation. Posted by Hello


Bolton Confirmation Contested but Likely
Tuesday, April 05, 2005
Fox News

WASHINGTON — President Bush's nomination of John Bolton as the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations has stirred deeply the feelings in Washington. Senate Republicans are confident they will confirm him, but liberal groups are using Bolton's own words against him in a last-ditch TV campaign.
Bolton, the former undersecretary at the State Department for arms control and international security, faces a sharply divided Senate with nearly all 44 Democrats opposed to his nomination.
"Over the past 30 years, John Bolton has advertised himself as an unadulterated nationalist and opponent of multilateralism. He's not a healthy skeptic of the United Nations but widely known as a committed destructive opponent, an ideological lone ranger," said Ambassador Jonathan Dean, ...
Two liberal, pro-U.N. groups produced a low-budget ad to illustrate what they say is Bolton's hostility to the world body. The ad quotes a 1990s speech by Bolton in which he said, "The United States makes the U.N. work when it wants it to work, and if you don't like that, I'm sorry, but that is the fact."
"Is this the man we want at the U.N.? America doesn't need a loose cannon, it needs a problem-solver ... John Bolton, wrong ideas, wrong message and the wrong man for the job," says the ad produced by Citizens for Global Solutions.
The ad is designed to increase political pressure on Republican Sens. Lincoln Chafee of Rhode Island and Chuck Hagel of Nebraska...
Senate Republicans say they have the votes to confirm Bolton.


First thing, please note the solidarity among the Dems in the Senate on this issue. Even though this flies under most people’s radar, they are hanging together. This is a good thing. A very, very good thing.

Second, Jesus Christ. He’ll pass, but...John Fucking Bolton, Ambassador to the UN. Has a nice ring to it, doesn’t it? Like C. Montgomery Burns, head of UNICEF. Or Tanya Harding, “National Treasure.”

Is there a contest board deep inside some White House break room? A “Name The Worst Possible Choice” kinda novelty game and no one explained the joke to Bush?

Well when future students study the Early Information age (outside of the Christian madrasses in New Jesusland of course) they’ll find committing the Bush years and our brief, scary national flirtation with a New Dark Age to memory very easy. Because like remembering facial nerves or how to spell “Mississippi”, Future Student Jimmy will have two utterly reliable mnemonics to help him.

1. (The Name of the Thing) multiplied by –1 = (The Meaning of the Thing).
2. The person appointed to an important government position will invariably be the Least Qualified and/or Most Egregiously Offensive candidate.

So welcome to Opposite Land where, “Education” legislation eviscerates the public education. “Clear Skies” = polluters bill of rights. “Saving” Social Security = killing Social Security. “Class Warfare” = defense of the poor and middle class from unilateral carpetbombing by the rich. “Traitor” = truthful. “Fair and Balanced” = Lies.

The people that completely fucked up the Iraq intel, planning, rationale, reconstruction and exit strategy = "Preznit Medals of Freedom.”

The man who wrote the US “Torture For Dummies” policy on how to dodge the Geneva Convention...is made the Top Cop, replacing a batshit loony Fundy.

The woman who dropped the ball, and then shot the ball, and then buried the ball on 9/11, and brought the same high-focus ineptitude to bear on invading a country that had nothing whatsoever to do with 9/11...is made Secretary of State.

“Death Squad” John...is put in charge of all U.S. covert ops and surveillance, foreign and domestic.

The second most powerful man in the Republican Party and former bug-killer is not only clearly and dangerously nuts, but radiates such pure Death’s Head evil that birds passing over Sugarland, catching even a glimpse of Herr DeLay, have been know to fly into jet engines to purge his image from their tiny brains.

The list just goes on and on.

These future students will probably wonder how the public could possibly have been dumb enough to fall for such laughably transparent ka-ka. “Seriously,” they will ask themselves, “Were Grandma and Grandpa really that fucking retarded?”

That’s when the instructor puts on the DVD of Rev. Jack Van Impe doing his thing. Or Falwell. Or Wildmont. Or Hinn. Or Swaggart. Or Bakker. Or Roberts. Or Robertson.

100,000 arms swaying. A sea of cow-dumb faces believing every word. Wallets and change purses emptied into the hands of Big Haired liars and thieves, over and over and over again. Boundlessly, endlessly, oceanic stupid.

Yes, Little Future Jimmy, oh my yes. Around 20% of them were just exactly that fucking retarded, and for some reason another 30% thought it was a brilliant idea to give them the keys to the country and let them drive it around.

So, Caligula’s horse for Senator?
Cujo for Chief of the CDS?
Vlad Tepes, Head of the President’s Counsel on Physical Fitness?
Why the hell not?

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

...but radiates such pure Death’s Head evil that birds passing over Sugarland, catching even a glimpse of Herr DeLay, have been know to fly into jet engines to purge his image from their tiny brains.

ROFLMAO!

Gawd, Driftglass, this is incredible stuff! I'm ecstatic to see you took your multitude of admirers' advice and started your own blog. You've just bumped Steve G. out of the "my first stop of the day" position.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Stop by temporary health insurance

Unknown said...

Great post, I enjoyed reading it.

Adding you to favorites, Ill have to come back and read it again later.

Anonymous said...

I loved your blog.
car loan new york

Anonymous said...

What I like about the cyberworld I live in 18 hours a day is the random nature of the landscape. Here I am on your site, posting. Yet you might live a 1000 miles away. Then, I could search for cash loan for car title, and be 1000 miles away from that blog (you know, meaning where the person who blogs lives). Sorry to rant. Good blogging.

Anonymous said...

Shop at your favorite stores 24 hours a day. Why go to the mall when you can shop online and avoid the traffic

Anonymous said...

You have a very nice blog. Thanks.
auto car loan

Anonymous said...

I have, like 3 minutes, to type this, but I just wanted to say thanks for the good blog. I like to search for different things on the net. My boredom led me to search for purses the other day, and it led me to to total obscurity. Never know about he SE's.

Anonymous said...

Het hebben van een overlappingsbovenkant betekent al bulimia treatment u kunt krijgen.Compliments, Clarinda bulimia treatment

Rob said...

Cool blog you have here. I was blogging and came across yours. Keep up the good blogging!

regards,
affordable health insurance quote online

Anonymous said...

Use The Ancient secrets of office feng shui. To Make Money and Increase Your Health. Visit Us at http://fengshui444.com..

Anonymous said...

I like your blog, cool ideas. I'm out surfing blogs and stumbled on a good one indeed. Good luck :)

regards,
illinois health insurance quote

Rob said...

Good blog you got here. Any others? I was just blogging and noticed yours, good job. Happy blogging!

regards,
best health insurance plan

Anonymous said...

i was clicking the Next Blog button and caught yours, i have to say its very interesting, anyway thanks for the info.

california health insurance temporary

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of starting a blog , keeping my own website up is a hassle, but after searching through blogger i realise that this is way better and much more easier. I enjoyed reading your post all the best.

health care insurance

Anonymous said...

Searching around the blogs and found this one, thanks for the info, i learned something keep blogging.

international health insurance policy

Anonymous said...

where i get more info?

Anonymous said...

I looked at several sites during this search but yours was the best I found on this subject. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

A fantastic blog yours. Keep it up.
If you have a moment, please visit my auto insurance online ontario quote site.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

Anonymous said...

Your blog I found to be very interesting!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a automobile insurance rate
site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

Anonymous said...

Your blog I found to be very interesting!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a average homeowners insurance costs
site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

Anonymous said...

Hello Friend! I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please make a visit to my auto refinancing tx site.
Good luck in your endeavors!

Anonymous said...

Hi Fellow! I was just searching blogs,and I found yours! I like it!
If you have a moment, please visit my bennetts motorcycle insurance site.
Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I was searching blogs,and I found yours.Please,
accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
If you have a moment, please visit my bennett insurance motorcycle site.
Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger, I found your blog quite informative.
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my best homeowners insurance carriers ny site.
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You have just been Automatically selected to recieve approximately 397 dollars worth of downloadable gifts. This is a limited time offer...Go to my website and check out all the opportunites I have for you. Your gifts are the thanks you get for your time and there is No Purchase Necessary...

To find out more, visit my internet treasure site. It successfully covers FREE information exposing FREE traffic and internet treasure related stuff. Don't forget - FREE, FREE, FREE. You have nothing to lose!

Anonymous said...

Hi Friend! You have a great blog over here!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my burial insurance site.
Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

This is an excellent blog. Keep it going.You are providing
a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my buying car insurance online site.
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

This is an excellent blog. Keep it going.You are providing
a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my california health insurance agent site.
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Hi. Thanks for the insights. Steve @Car Tips