Sunday, January 18, 2009

...Where the Good Lord Split Ya



As the Bicycle Chief's Failapalooza "My Way" tour winds to a close, it seemed an opportune time to haul this out of the attic before packing it away in the time capsule.

From January, 2006: The Anti-Sinatra


Think not?

Frank: Fought for scraps, made it big on his talent.

Dubya: Constantly fucking up, made it big on Daddy’s Rolodex.

Frank: Grew up poor, liked to dress up rich and hang out with his crew.

Dubya: Grew up rich, likes to dress like a cowboy and hang out with lickspittles and yes-men.

Frank: Fell in love with Ava & broke his heart.

Dubya: Fell in love with Dewars and constantly bruising his face.

Frank: Regular guy who hung out with mobsters because he liked the reputation it gave him.

Dubya: A Fredo-grade gangster who rubs himself up against hand-picked “regular people” in hopes of covering his moral stink.


Still not convinced?

Well just look at Dubya’s cover of “My Way”. Then decide.


1...2...3...


And soon, November nears;
And so we face the next election.
My friends, keep pimping Fear,
It's all that give us our erection.

I’ve lived a wastrel’s life
Should be trailer-bound and selling Amway
But Daddy’s rich; friends richer still
So I get things my way.

Regrets? My drunken kids.
Except for them, I am perfection.
Shivved who I wanted to
And spied on you without detection.

But though I planned Dubya parades;
Down each Iraqi byway,
I fucked it all, fucked it in spades
’Cause we did it my way.

Yes every day, I’m sure you knew
That I bit off way, waaay more than I could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ran away, to wait it out.
While I goofed around, Karl slimed ‘em down;
And called ‘em all gay.

I’m weak and mean and dim
Done more than my share of boozing.
And now that I am SOTU-dry,
I find the real world so confusing.

Hard to believe I told so many lies.
And not one told in a shy way,
Oh no, got right in your face:
That’s lying my way.

For what is a Neocon, what has he got?
If he’s not my ass-man, then he has naught.
The GOP has spines like eels,
When I walk in, everyone kneels.
The record shows, they blow me like pros
In that Mehl-man-ly Guy Way!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For all his natural talent, Sinatra was one of Hollywood's most notorious bullies. That shouldn't be forgotten.

As for Bush...Ech. I'm more than ready to see him go for good.

Anonymous said...

Geez, ya fucked up twice. And it's EARLY in the millenium.

1) Cheap shot usage of Burning Man Pic
2) Using The Call Of The Frank as an allegory for Bush.

Get some good single malt scotch or join us heathens with our Bushmills on Tuesday. We're starting at 9am.

It lasts as long as the fantasy does.

I'm hoping the fantasy lasts a lot longer than a bottle of Bushmills . . . ya know?

Batocchio said...

I think we'll be revisiting Bush for some time, since we'll be cleaning up the mess he left.

I do wonder, though, if "My Way" gives too much credit to Bush for actually thinking about his path of destruction.