Thursday, January 26, 2006

The Anti-Sinatra


Think not?

Frank: Fought for scraps, made it big on his talent.

Dubya: Constantly fucking up, made it big on Daddy’s Rolodex.

Frank: Grew up poor, liked to dress up rich and hang out with his crew.

Dubya: Grew up rich, likes to dress like a cowboy and hang out with lickspittles and yes-men.

Frank: Fell in love with Ava & broke his heart.

Dubya: Fell in love with Dewars and constantly bruising his face.

Frank: Regular guy who hung out with mobsters because he liked the reputation it gave him.

Dubya: A Fredo-grade gangster who rubs himself up against hand-picked “regular people” in hopes of covering his moral stink.


Still not convinced?

Well just look at Dubya’s cover of “My Way”. Then decide.


1...2...3...


And soon, November nears;
And so we face the next election.
My friends, keep pimping Fear,
It's all that give us our erection.

I’ve lived a wastrel’s life
Should be trailer-bound and selling Amway
But Daddy’s rich; friends richer still
So I get things my way.

Regrets? My drunken kids.
Except for them, I am perfection.
Shivved who I wanted to
And spied on you without detection.

But though I planned Dubya parades;
Down each Iraqi byway,
I fucked it all, fucked it in spades
’Cause we did it my way.

Yes every day, I’m sure you knew
That I bit off way, waaay more than I could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ran away, to wait it out.
While I goofed around, Karl slimed ‘em down;
And called ‘em all gay.

I’m weak and mean and dim
Done more than my share of boozing.
And now that I am SOTU-dry,
I find the real world so confusing.

Hard to believe I told so many lies.
And not one told in a shy way,
Oh no, got right in your face:
That’s lying my way.

For what is a Neocon, what has he got?
If he’s not my ass-man, then he has naught.
The GOP has spines like eels,
When I walk in, everyone kneels.
The record shows, they blow me like pros
In that Mehl-man-ly Guy Way!

22 comments:

Melissa McEwan said...

OMG - LOLOLOLOL!

Anonymous said...

Heckuva job driftie! You kick ass my good man.

Anonymous said...

Bravo, maestro!

Not only the Anti-Sinatra, but he has less class that the other crooner of this immortal tune, Sid Vicious...

Anonymous said...

PS- I can just hear the viola's leading the string arrangement behind the vocals. ;-)

Anonymous said...

.
A most beautiful cut&paste job, (W) dreaming of himself, as Sinatra, maybe wishfully with, you know, some kinda talent. And or, just a hint of grace, or a gesture that slinks, just a little, just enough, or just the right way, or and yes, a way with words that sing in colors that feel like satin, cool satin on a warm night, on warm flesh that lingers on long after that night......
"GEORGE!! WHAT THE FUCK !! ARE YOU DOING???
WAKE UP!! HAVE YOU BEEN DRINKING AGAIN?? JESUS GEORGE DICKLE CHRIST DID YOU KNOW THAT HAMAS JUST WON THE ELECTION??? GET YOUR ASS UP AND OUT THERE AND GIVE THAT GOD DAMN PRESS CONFERENCE!!!THE WORLD WANTS TO KNOW WHAT AMERICA THINKS ABOUT ALL THIS!! GET YOUR ASS OUT THERE AND INSPIRE THE WORLD!!AND BRUSH YOUR TEETH!!

Unknown said...

You realize that I can no longer listen to my double CD best-of Sinatra set without getting this picture in my head, right, drifty?

Damn you.

Karen McL said...

Links to you - Drifty and a roaring ovation on yet another masterpiece of wit and blogspicacity.

:-D

driftglass said...

Gratzi.

This one was fun to do.

BitterHarvest said...

Oh my God...that is funny. "That Mehl-man-ly Guy Way!" Whooo. Must stop laughing.

Thanks for forever ruining one of my favorite songs, Drifty. I will never again be able to listen to this song without thinking of Ken Mehlman. Curse you! DAMN DRIFTGLASS TO HELL!!!

Camera Obscura said...

I always thought that King George was probably enamored of the third verse of "Loves Me Like a Rock."

Anonymous said...

This is just too fun. And true. Wait.

Anyway, is there anyone else besides me that is overcome with an overwhelming urge to punch their computer screen every time they see that pissy smirk?

erinberry said...

Brilliant!

Gordon said...

Funnier'n shit!

Anonymous said...

Frank would be proud.

-- mac

charley said...

my father knew Ava as a teenager.

she broke his heart too.

W is break'n all our hearts.

Anonymous said...

Well, thanks. Now there's another puddle under my chair. That's hilarious.

Oh, that knock at your door? That's just Paul Anka's boys, come for your kneecaps. heh.

Neil Shakespeare said...

Precious!

Anonymous said...

Scout, "Pissy Smirk" would be a GREAT name for a (punk) rock band!

Anonymous said...

Hi blogger:)

We think U have had a hard time to create this web blog...... We knew it cause mine does not have a single comment:) Do not know what is wrong with it.. We like Urs more than We like mine!! hehe Keep it up..

Regards,
online fast make money

Anonymous said...

Learning about erection has been a passion of mine. It's always good to see other sites interested in the same thing. One site I found helpful is erection They don't cover all of the subject, but cover quit a bit. Thanks for providing such good information for all to enjoy. From all of us here in New York, have a great year.

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work combination foosball air hockey Steve plunkett cadillac