...to flog her new book and tell newly minted "independent" Joe Scarborough how Democrats should be running things may well be peak I fucking told you this is where we'd end up if liberals handed over our hard-won moral authority to a bunch of Republicans who had to flee their own party because they fucked it up so badly.
Fun Fact: For months now, The Bulwark has basically morphed into Sarah Longwell's personal AbeBooks page, reminding everyone every few minutes to Buy! Her! Book! Not a single conversation passes without her eventually beginning a sentence with, "As I say in my book..."
Now indulge yourself for a moment and imagine what the world would look like if the liberals who had been right about the Right all along had been given even a fraction of the tens of millions of dollars' worth of free, glowing, round-the-clock promotion these ex-Republicans have received from the legacy media since Day One.
Second Fun Fact: I have been asked by readers several times over the past 21 years why I don't write a book of my own. After all, I've got around 12,000 posts to draw from, some of them the length of novellas, so why not?
The answer is simple. It would be a Love's Labour's Lost kind of thing. A tremendous amount of work to do it right. Weeding out the typos alone might take as long as Penelope weaving and unweaving Laertes' burial shroud.
Then I'd be on my own to hire professionals to vet it and edit it. Then it'd have to be self-published and self-promoted, with me bearing all the costs. And in the end, while I'm sure a number of you lovely people would buy the thing, I would have spent far more time, energy, and money on such a project than I could ever hope to recoup.
And frankly, there are a lot more enjoyable ways to lose money than writing a book that will change nothing and that almost no one will ever read.
2 comments:
The Bulwark proports to give libs and Dems some hopium, but it is just a fucking con, and they will all bounce back as GOP ratfuckers come '28.
These grifters (Buy my book or I'll shoot the puppy) are all responsible for their decades long truth shading for the GOP.
Trust them at your (and the countries peril.
MS NOW is not our friend.
Post a Comment