I've done some very minor tailoring to this column to turn it into a fun puzzle for the whole family! So...
Who said it? When? About what?
Go.
___ and the Polls
There's a reason George Washington didn't take a poll at Valley Forge. There are times in the course of war when the outcome is simply unknowable. Victory is clearly not imminent, yet people haven't really thought through the consequences of defeat. Everybody just wants the miserable present to go away.
We're at one of those moments in the war... The polls show rising disenchantment with the war. Sixty percent of Americans say they want to withdraw some or all troops.
Yet I can't believe majorities of Americans really want to pull out and accept defeat…
…one thing is for sure: since we don't have the evidence upon which to pass judgment on the overall trajectory of this war, it's important we don't pass judgment prematurely...
It's just wrong to seek withdrawal now, when the outcome of the war is unknowable and when the consequences of defeat are so vast.
Some of you will respond that this is easy for me to say, since I'm not over there. All I'd say is that we live in a democracy, where decisions are made by all. Besides, the vast majority of those serving... and their families, said they voted to re-elect ... They seem to want to finish the job.
Others will say we shouldn't be there in the first place. You may be right. Time will tell.
But right now, this isn't about your personal vindication…
I Am The Liberal Media
No comments:
Post a Comment