Yeah, I'm 65 and disabled and my prescriptions are going to be more expensive, but not catastrophically so. Our SNAP has still been showing up each month, but that may change after the worst of the big torture bill kicks in. They are digging deep for villains and scare tactics; even dragging Newt the fuck Gingrich out of his sarcophagus to opine about "effective messaging" (he seems to think the magic words are "big government socialism"). I have to hope that actual lived damage to their ordinary lives will outweigh the billions of dollars in propaganda, but I understand that is not a sure thing in a country where thousands of people die every year because they voted to keep the Medicaid expansion out of their state. Thank you again for the podcast. Yesterday we had to evacuate from a wildfire that was walking distance from here, and I am disabled and our car is kaput. Our neighbors all stayed put, but I thought I would be a hindrance to a fast exit because don't walk very well and I called the number in the mandatory evacuation order text I got offering evacuation assistance. Five minutes later a Madera County sheriff's deputy knocked on our door, helped us wrangle the cat into the carrier he hadn't been in for years, helped Briana carry some bags down the stairs, and drove us to the sheriff's substation in Oakhurst, where we hung out for about three hours until the all-clear came through. I have to say, it was the single best interaction with law enforcement I have ever experienced. After an hour or so, he got bored and drove Briana to Von's for snacks. I called the MCSO last night to leave him a "glowing review", and the woman on the phone seemed amused to be dealing with a call that didn't stem from a problem in need of remedy. That was my intention.
From the science journal, Origin of MAGA. True story. Aliens discover Earth and begin to investigate. The find humanoid life forms and decide to study. Aliens begin flying n and abducting humanoids that call themselves republicans. They take them back up to the mother ship. Where they apply the noted Alien probe. After probing too many they realize the probing radicalized them. For once the aliens return the subjects from the probing back to Earth. They begin the radical transformation into MAGA.
If folks can believe in God, If folks can believe the earth is flat in 2025. If folks ca believe Trump is a great businessman. Believe tax cuts raise tax revenue. That Wind turbines causes cancer and Tylenol and circumcision's cause Autism. Then we can believe in the origin of MAGA. After al, what could piss off the homophobic republicans more than receiving the alien probe and enjoying it. Why they are so angry and hateful, eh.
2 comments:
Yeah, I'm 65 and disabled and my prescriptions are going to be more expensive, but not catastrophically so.
Our SNAP has still been showing up each month, but that may change after the worst of the big torture bill kicks in.
They are digging deep for villains and scare tactics; even dragging Newt the fuck Gingrich out of his sarcophagus to opine about "effective messaging" (he seems to think the magic words are "big government socialism").
I have to hope that actual lived damage to their ordinary lives will outweigh the billions of dollars in propaganda, but I understand that is not a sure thing in a country where thousands of people die every year because they voted to keep the Medicaid expansion out of their state.
Thank you again for the podcast. Yesterday we had to evacuate from a wildfire that was walking distance from here, and I am disabled and our car is kaput.
Our neighbors all stayed put, but I thought I would be a hindrance to a fast exit because don't walk very well and I called the number in the mandatory evacuation order text I got offering evacuation assistance.
Five minutes later a Madera County sheriff's deputy knocked on our door, helped us wrangle the cat into the carrier he hadn't been in for years, helped Briana carry some bags down the stairs, and drove us to the sheriff's substation in Oakhurst, where we hung out for about three hours until the all-clear came through.
I have to say, it was the single best interaction with law enforcement I have ever experienced.
After an hour or so, he got bored and drove Briana to Von's for snacks.
I called the MCSO last night to leave him a "glowing review", and the woman on the phone seemed amused to be dealing with a call that didn't stem from a problem in need of remedy.
That was my intention.
-Doug in Sugar Pine
From the science journal, Origin of MAGA. True story.
Aliens discover Earth and begin to investigate. The find humanoid life forms and decide to study. Aliens begin flying n and abducting humanoids that call themselves republicans. They take them back up to the mother ship. Where they apply the noted Alien probe. After probing too many they realize the probing radicalized them. For once the aliens return the subjects from the probing back to Earth. They begin the radical transformation into MAGA.
If folks can believe in God, If folks can believe the earth is flat in 2025. If folks ca believe Trump is a great businessman. Believe tax cuts raise tax revenue. That Wind turbines causes cancer and Tylenol and circumcision's cause Autism.
Then we can believe in the origin of MAGA.
After al, what could piss off the homophobic republicans more than receiving the alien probe and enjoying it. Why they are so angry and hateful, eh.
Post a Comment