Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Ep 687 No Fair Remembering Stuff Podcast: Here's Harold!

"Let's not be overconfident, we still have to count the votes."   -- Harold Washington

Don't forget to visit our website -- http://www.proleftpod.com -- for all those sweet bells and whistles:  there are links to donate to our podcast work at that site, as well as links to our swingin' Zazzle merch store,  our respective blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Kittehs! and much more. Many thanks once again to @theologop for her invaluable support!

No Fair Remembering Stuff is a Professional Left podcast production and is brought to you by our wholly imaginary "sponsors" and real listeners like you!









6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay first, sorry for your trials and travails.

Second, STEALING SOMEONE'S CAR AS PART OF A SOCIAL MEDIA CHALLENGE? Jeebus Crust on a fucking solid gold pogo stick. Again, sorry. That's just stupid, shitty, and wrong.

(On a side note, I'd say the murder of crows or unkindness of ravens, or whatever that large group of black birds was - I'd say that was a good sign, if I believed in mystical woo. Either way I bet it was awesome to see.)

FWIMBW, I owned a bonky little old Kia Spectra for many years. Didn't have antilock brakes (which was part of its untimely death), but was otherwise a reliable, economical, pleasant little automobile. Sometimes I still miss it - it actually had a physical media player (CD) in the dash, which my current car does not. Just a fun little box with wheels. I do hope your young one gets theirs back (in usable condition). I also hope the perpetrators do receive some form of justice.

Thanks for all you do.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this. I have been a long time listener to your other podcast and I appreciate the insight and overview.

Robt said...

Chicago, home to Jake and Elwood.

And how they hated them some NAZIS.

Got to wonder. If I could go back in time and ensure that all those John Birch society folks got their doses of Fluoride in their drinking water. Would the TEA party or the MAGA Lago folks be like they are today?

starskeptic said...

Robt - that was Illinois Nazis...

Kingink said...

I hear you quoting Gary Rivlin, curious if you read "Fire on the Prairie", his book about the Washington Administration. Quite good.

Robt said...

Star skeptic

They didn't like NAZIS but they especially hated Illinois NAZIS ..

There is speculation that it was the penguin who influenced their distaste for the NAZIS.