Monday, August 29, 2022

Unpublished Author

 

Over the past few days I have had one 16-year-old post of mine put behind a "Sensitive Material" checkpoint by Blogger, and Three Two! Count 'Em! Three  Two! posts -- one from 2015 and two from 2016 -- officially "unpublished" by Blogger on the following grounds:

As you may know, our Community Guidelines 
[other Blogger link] describe the boundaries for what we 
allow-- and don't allow-- on Blogger. Your post titled "Die With The Lie" 
was flagged to us for review. 
 
We have determined that it violates our 
guidelines and have unpublished the URL 
http://driftglass.blogspot.com/2015/06/die-with-lie.html, making it 
unavailable to blog readers.
     Why was your blog post unpublished?
     Your content has violated our Malware and Viruses policy. 
Please visit our Community Guidelines page linked in this email to learn more.
     If you are interested in republishing the post, please update the 
content to adhere to Blogger's Community Guidelines. Once the content is 
updated, you may republish it at [other Blogger link],
This will trigger a review of the post.

It's these latter two that made me laugh out loud.

I do appreciate Blogger's diligence in sending their bots burrowing through my archives to ferret out any links that might send my readers stumbling unawares onto the a perilous road to Malware-land -- 

-- and the death of love and trust.

No, the thing that cracked me up is that the only suspect links on either of these posts are from the one or two rare occasions when I linked to the infamous wingnut cesspit World Net Daily.


Which now is apparently being flagged as a malware and virus superspreader site.  

Which is more perfectly, chef's-kiss apt than I have words to describe.


I Am The Liberal Media.

2 comments:

M. Bouffant said...

I might be a little worried about "Your post titled 'Die With The Lie' was flagged to us for review."

"Flagged" sounds like a squealer/informant.

Ian said...

You have been cancelled! Again! By a different version of big tech! Quick- call Bari Weiss. I'm sure she will bend over backwards to help get you out of Blogger's jail session.