Friday, September 01, 2017

Matthew Dowd is a Fundamentally Ridiculous Person



You might remember about five minutes ago when Matthew Dowd -- ABC News' chief political analyst -- was launching a fusillade of "Whatabouts" in every direction and warning everyone on every side of everything that they'd damn well better stop passing judgment on anyone else for anything else until their own tribes' ideological back-yard was fucking pristine.
However, I have noticed that the "right" often says that the real problem in America is leftist radicals or radical Islamic terrorists. The "left" often points the finger at radicals on the right or extremist Christians as the underlying issue... 

Until we move away from the "yes we have problems, but look how bad the other side is" mentality, we will never heal this country...
Which means -- Oh frabjous day! Kaloo kallay! -- that according to Mr. Dowd, the only thing I have to do in order to become a legitimate  opponent of President Stupid and the mob of bigots and imbeciles who elected him is to temporarily declare myself to be a True Conservative.

Shazam!  Now I'm a True Conservative.

By the same token, according to Mr. Dowd's logic, all I have to do to qualify myself as a legitimate critic of his insipid drivel is announce that I am now the Dirty Hippie Blogosphere's chief political analyst.  

Shazam!  Now I'm the Dirty Hippie Blogosphere's chief political analyst.  

I love this game!

Anyhoo, here now is the pretty glaring flaw in Mr. Dowd's declaration of who gets to criticize whom:
Not that I disagree with Mr. Dowd's assessment.  In fact I agree with it wholeheartedly.  But even cloaked in the weak-ass, passive-aggressive camo, that sure as shit sounds pretty judge-y to me.

Shazam!  Now I'm not a True Conservative anymore.

Maybe later today I'll be an Independent.  That seems to pay really well, and there are obviously no special skills or heavy lifting required.

love this game!



Behold, a Tip Jar!

1 comment:

Lit3Bolt said...

Dowd's other magic trick is that groups he calls out share collective blame and accountability.

When Dowd is called out or the media, that's mere unreasonable shrillness coming from Nobodies.

"Accountability and responsibility for thee, not me."

--Matthew Dowd