Friday, February 05, 2016

Happy #Blogrollamnestyday Citizens


Yes, as Skippy the Bush Kangaroo reminds us all, it is that day once again.  The day when we wee bloggers celebrate being officially cast out by the Big Bloggers because you can't get to heaven in a rocking chair, 'cause a rocking chair won't get you there.

Or something.

Let the late and sorely-missed "Jon Swift" explain.

...The idea that links are the capital of the blogosphere seems so obvious that you would think an economist like Atrios of Eschaton would have realized it long ago. And as he is a progressive who has accumulated quite a bit of link wealth, you might also think he would be in favor of redistributing some of that wealth instead of just letting it trickle down. So when heannounced last year that he was declaring February 3 Blogroll Amnesty Day, and other bloggers followed suit, I assumed he meant that he was opening his blogroll up to the masses. I sent him a polite email pointing out that his blog was on my blogroll and I would really appreciate it if he would add my blog to his. I never heard back from him. 
When February 3 rolled around, many bloggers discovered to their horror that instead of adding new blogs to his blogroll he was throwing many off, including some bloggers who were his longtime friends. Blogroll Amnesty Day, it turned out, was a very Orwellian concept. Instead of granting amnesty to others he was granting amnesty to himself not to feel bad for hurting others feelings. Though Atrios has stubbornly refused to acknowledge that he made a mistake, some bloggers who initially joined him, backtracked...
And so once a year we field-gleaners "Look up! Link down!"


and remember that there are no small blogs, only small font sizes.

Or something.

So please treat yourself by visiting these fine blogs today!


Chicago Guy's Blog

The Rectification of Names.

Vixen Strangely.

Mock, Paper, Scissors

Suburban Guerrilla

The Beachwood Reporter

Sardonicky

The Gazetteer

Everyone's favorite Vagabond Scholar

The Galloping Beaver

And, of course, Skippy the Bush Kangaroo!

4 comments:

Tengrain said...

Thank-you Drifty - I'm really flattered!

Regards,

Tengrain

Mike Lumish said...

This is too sweet! I remember when Skippy was the new kid, zipping around with puppydog enthusiasm in his quest to get attention from the older guys. Turns out he was in it for the long haul, one of the last men standing.

Two choads up from all the gang alt.tasteless.classic.

Karen Garcia said...

Thanks for the plug!

Karen (Sardonicky)

Paul W said...

I have a list of links on my blog, I think I have driftglass linked, wait do I have driftglass linked? I might could have will maybe linked depending on which verb tense I may will have used.