Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Moving Day

It has been a busy few weeks and I have been a terrible correspondent so my apologies for that.

Today I am in the Big City to load up a truck with some of the heavy stuff, finish off some repairs, coordinate with some people, continue my Quest of Gainful Employment, etc.

To get back at me the Big City has:

  • Torn up and all-but blocked off my street to make various, long-overdue repairs
  • Had my internet provider visit an outage upon me this morning which blew a couple of holes in my schedule.
  • Visited a cold-like thing upon me which isn't bad except for the feeling that my sinuses have been filled with spackle and that someone secretly slipped me Richard Nixon's sweat glands during the night.
So to all the many kind souls who have recently either sent a contribution and/or opined about your's truly doing a book, I will be replying in-kind as soon as I am able.

Also too, the last few times I tried to drop a comment at Charlie Pierce's place I got this.


















Tried all the usual stuff (cache clearing, coming in from a different IP, shoving goat entrails into the USB ports) and 1) nothing works, 2)  no one else seems to be having this problem.

Curse you Barack Obama!






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They at least ought to have a 'Not OK' button to be fair....

HitandMiss said...

Wow, I think it’s pretty clear this is God punishing you due to the stuff Santorum has said recently. As the Prophet Michele O'Bachmann has taught us. That’s how he rolls, Internet cut-outs is a clear signal that someone said something that doesn’t hold with reality.

Mister Roboto said...

Visited a cold-like thing upon me which isn't bad except for the feeling that my sinuses have been filled with spackle

I have long suspected that one of the few down-sides of being of Irish descent is sinus-issues from having nasal passages that are just too damn narrow (hence my own longstanding love/ hate relationship with pseudoephedrine).

Anonymous said...

Apropos of last night's debate, don't you think it's time for a dg Photoshop depicting the pepper-spraying of the participants?

David in NYC said...

The comments over at Charlie's place are routinely fucked-up: they don't display at all, the longer threads won't expand, sometimes it even appears that there is no comments section at all.

I usually just wait a few minutes and refresh the page. That seems to work most of the time. But do remember to remove the goat entrails when you are done.

Jay said...

You need to use the entrails of virginal goats, especially with high speed USB ports. It's a common mistake.