Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Ooopah Doopah!


File under: Now that brain that you gave me. Was it...Edmund Burke's?

Excerpt from Karl Rove's secret speech to the Republican Donor Forum, January 1998:

Ladies and Gentlemen, up until now you have seen the Party Base perform the simple mechanics of motor activity. But for what you are about to see next, we must enter, quietly, into the realm of genius.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mesdames et Messieurs, Damen und Herren, from what was once an inarticulate mass of lifeless tissues, may I present a cultured, sophisticated, Man About Town.

Hit it!

Later, things take a turn for the worse...
I beg you, for safety's sake, don't humiliate them! Come back. Do you understand me? I will not let you destroy my work. As your creator I command you to come back.

And now their Teabagger Creature is rampaging across the countryside, ripping up the Village, beating up the disabled and throwing children down the well.

Golly, I guess that's just the sort of thing that's bound to happen when you decide to win elections by putting an abnormal brain

into a seven-and-a-half-foot long, fifty-four-inch wide, gorilla.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

They invited the religious Fundies into their political party, and now their party is a church.

alise said...

Oh hell, Edmund Burke wouldn't pass the purity test these days. Only "Abby Normal" would do...

But thanks again for a great laugh... Loved, just loved that movie! It's in my library!

And here is my take on Rove, Brooks, Frum and others of their ilk, still worshipping at the altar of their Saint Ronald of Reagan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHb7DJDCptA

Have a great day!