Thursday, December 09, 2010

Lies Are All Around


Who can phreak the world with data drops?
Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly fill it with Interpol cops?
Well it's Assange, and now they know it
With each bust and every DOS counterstrike they show it

Lies are all around, you can almost taste them
But now they're 1s and 0s so you can Copy/Paste them
He's gone and leaked it after all
He's gone and leaked it after all

How will you make it on your own?
The State is awful big, and dude this time you're really alone
But you kept something in your pocket
A "Don't fuck with me" DMS data rocket

Lies are all around, you can almost taste them
But now they're 1s and 0s so you can Copy/Paste them
He's gone and leaked it after all
He's gone and leaked it after all

For those who may not recognize its matrilineage, the theme song of the wonderful Mary Tyler Moore Show, V2.0



And Season 1, V1.0


And yes, to this day I still hate spunk.

8 comments:

SteveUpNorth said...

Nice poetry Driftglass
How do you feel about the Ddos counter-attacks? I'm surprised how easy it is to do...

Tweez said...

I hate spunk

Tengrain said...

Aw, gee, Mr. Grant...

Nope, I don't do spunk.

Rgds,

TG

ChicagoGuy said...

Am sorry Ted Baxter is no longer with us. I see him as any given republican senator in your upcoming screenplay. . . .

gruaud said...

The horn section in the MTM Theme always makes me happy.

First the trombones, then the saxophones chime in, and finally the trumpets really sell that li'l mofo.

yardley said...

Really enjoyed this Driftglass! I had a mad crush on Mary Tyler Moore when I was 11, was it '68? This blog never lets me down, even when I am down in post midterm despair, you keep me in stitches and keep me thinking. The light of your genius is wasted on the likes of Bobo. And I'm not even kiddding about the genius part. In your writing I have some small solace for the loss of Hunter Thompson. I think you two will someday share a bottle of Kentuckys finest, but I hope that's a long time from now. Happy holidays! - Tim, PA

Interrobang said...

I don't swallow either. *grin*

Kathy said...

Oh the MTM Show! I was trying to fit the words to "The Candyman Can". sigh.