Friday, June 18, 2010

There Will Be Tweets!

ko4b
KO no longer OK with DKos

From Politico:
Keith Olbermann leaves Daily Kos

Keith Olbermann announced Wednesday night that he will cease blogging on the liberal Daily Kos over a comment directed at the MSNBC host’s coverage.

Olbermann and some of his MSNBC colleagues surprised their left-leaning fans on Tuesday with eviscerating critiques of President Barack Obama’s Oval Office address on the oil spill spewing off the Gulf Coast.

“It was a great speech if you were on another planet for the last 57 days,” Olbermann said of the president’s remarks, echoing similarly negative comments from fellow MSNBC hosts Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow.

One commenter on the Daily Kos, where Olbermann has maintained a diary over the years, speculated that the pattern of hosts generally sympathetic to the president bashing the administration was too consistent to be a coincidence.

“Can’t verify, of course,” the commenter began, “but a friend in the news biz tells me he got a damaging e-mail from one of his pals at NBC. Something to the effect that their anger was pre-planned because ‘beating up on the president has been good for ratings.’ I haven't checked, but I'm hearing that Olbermann slammed the speech on Twitter before it even started.”

Olbermann, incensed by the commenter, later fired off a posted titled “Check, Please” explaining that he won’t be “back” to the site until it stops delving into “conspiracy theories.”
...


Meh. Lover's tiff; I give it three weeks before the hot, makeup blogging begins.

Meanwhile

6 comments:

Tengrain said...

Drifty -

I'd like to say something pithy (and snarky, given my rep.), but honestly this is a divorce that will help both parties, neither of whom I love a lot.

This seems like one of the first tacky, huge, public, gay divorces with drama queens on both sides shrieking "He done her wrong!"

And I keep wondering, who cares?

Regards,

Tengrain

Comrade PhysioProf said...

It is beyond my comprehension that grown fucking adults--including supposed Serious People like Olbermann and like the motherfucking White House press douche Gibbs--use that stupid fucking twitter shit to communicate. Has our entire fucking country turned into a motherfucking middle school lunchroom?

libhom said...

Maybe MSNBC's commentators are criticizing Barack Bush because he is screwing up big time.

Kathy said...

I don't have/use Twitter, but I can see how it would be attractive to non-adolescent types. It's quick, and usually succinct.

driftglass said...

I'll tell you a secret: on this post, once the image appeared in my head, I was helpless :-)

Phoenix Woman said...

A lot of people are being driven off DK by people who didn't even know the place existed until the fall of 2007. They've tried to drive me off, but I refuse to leave because I was there first, dammit. ;-)

The Booster Clubber Jihad against Anyone Who Isn't 100% Uncritical of Obama has driven at least one Kossack to not only become an ex-Kossack, but to donate to FDL: http://firedoglake.com/2010/06/21/late-night-cant-beet-it/#comment-2165783