Thursday, June 10, 2010

Five Words -- UPDATE



Roger Ebert is accepting a well-deserved "Webby" award Monday.

Yay!

Acceptance speeches are five words long, and he is looking for help. Not much time, but in the mind of every true film lover it is always 106 miles to Chicago. We always have got a full tank of gas and half a pack of cigarettes. It is always dark, and we're always wearing sunglasses.

Here are some of the suggestions with which I have Twitter-pestered (Twistered?) him so far:

"Hey, Gene! I win!"

"Play 'La Marseillaise.' Play it!"

"Thanks Gene."

"Brevity. Soul. Wit. Etcetera. Thanks."


What are yours?

UPDATE:
Meanwhile, on the whole other side of that koi pond, someone named "Arianna" will be collecting her fourth or fifth or eleventeeth Webby and is also having trouble with her speech.

Very sad.

Tengrain of the regicidally delightful "Mock, Paper, Scissors" has a suggestion here.

I can't beat it, but perhaps you can.

9 comments:

anticontrarian said...

with this, we all win.

Rev.Paperboy said...

" thanks.really. Thanks a lot."

gruaud said...

Thanks, your movie STILL sucks.

Anonymous said...

"Play 'La Marseillaise.' Play it!"


Yeah, That's the one. Good idea.

H.I. McDunnough said...

Raising Arizona, I was wrong.

Anonymous said...

Kudos for him to embrace the decade-old medium of Intertubia.

But screw him for still refusing to accept the older idea of video games as art. Go give 3 stars to another formulaic big studio movie again, chinless wonder, while Andrew Sullivan-esque refusing to play any of those newfangled thingies.

The Casablanca one is correct.

DupinTM

I am me said...

Anonymous Coward,

Video games as art. Let me think, let me think. NO!

Besides which, huh? What are you saying? And who cares anyway?

Screw Roger Ebert? Are you insane?

Comrade PhysioProf said...

I won a motherfucking prize!

The Lodger said...

"Chinless wonder", Anonymous. Nice.

Fuck you with a sharp stick.