Friday, May 07, 2010

Movable Feasts


I got to talk with Rick Perlstein for a bit last night at a local watering hole. Which is always nice.

Today I ran into and chatted very briefly with James Fallows in the basement WC at the International House just prior to his lecture.

And between those two encounters -- for one, brief moment, if I squinted my eyes just so -- it felt like I was working at "The Atlantic".

Parkin' cars... :-)

Note to James Fallows: I enjoyed your lecture...sincerely hope (as you hinted) that the profession of writing is headed into a Renaissance and not is locked into a permanent version of the financial death spiral that have laid waste to so many good writer's careers ...disagreed with bits of it...and, like all good public presentations, it left me with several dozen questions.

Such as: "Wouldn't it be a terrific idea to hire me to do occasional pieces for 'The Atlantic'?"

Also too please tell your colleague Andrew Sullivan that I stand ready to debate him anywhere, any time, on almost any topic that isn't ridiculously obscure or based on the rules of British royal succession.

1 comment:

visme said...

Wow, you have the key that lets you pee in the basement of IHOP? You really are in the club....