Sunday, March 07, 2010

An Oscar Post


In the last ten years, this Dylan tune seems to have been playing somewhere in the background every time an anvil fell on my head.

(Which, given the number of anvils involved, you'd think would be statistically impossible, and yet it is the bare-assed truth ;-)

It's also the last song that won an Academy Award that had teeth.

"Things Have Changed".
...
Standing on the gallows with my head in a noose
Any minute now I'm expecting all hell to break loose

People are crazy and times are strange
I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
I used to care, but
Things have changed...

5 comments:

Cirze said...

The absolutely wrong people have been put in charge.

I vote for you.

Hope things improve.

Soon.

S

The Minstrel Boy said...

hard to go wrong with dylan.

Earl said...

I thought I was the lucky one with this song...

someofparts said...

film it is the soundtrack for is not too bad either

tata said...

Maybe that song is your subconscious telling you those anvils didn't matter all that much, in the end.