Monday, January 04, 2010

So Long Weblog Awards


From their site:
...

Rather than run a competition that had a high possibility of technically failing, the more prudent choice seemed to be regroup and consider our alternatives for hosting these awards going forward.

Thank you to those who have supported The Weblog Awards over the years, we appreciate your support, and our sorry we couldn't make things work this year.


Too bad; if they had only followed the example of President Joe Lieberman, Vice-President Ben Nelson and the United State Congress, Inc. and moved to a system of straight ad valorem voting, they could have preserved the illusion of electoral representation while at the same time making themselves a tidy profit.

So, according to the my understanding of the commutative properties of both "nemo iudex in causa sua" and "fiat experimentum in corpore vili" as spelled out in the "Should the Weblog Awards be unable to fulfill their duties..." clause of the secret "Best Individual Blogger"compact from last year (as well as being the sole possessor of the

Letters of Transit) I believe it now falls to me to declare winners for each category, from "Best Twitterer" (this guy,

hands down), to "Best LGBT Blog" (which I'm pretty sure stands for "Best Libertarian, Gun-owning, Bible-loving and Tax-cutting Blog".)

I'll get started just as soon as I set up a Paypal account capable of handling all the "votes".

3 comments:

knowdoubt said...

OMG, sir, I love it, I hesitate to pick one part above the other, but "straight ad valorem voting, they could have preserved the illusion of electoral representation" will probably stick in my mind forever.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that they are defunct, because that means you can't win best individual blogger. I also think they need a copy editor, but that's another story.

The woodpecker (is she a mama?) and the snake is the saddest thing I have seen in a long time. You must really hate twitter. I tweeted your blog post the other day. I am thinking maybe you'd rather leave the twitterverse alone.

Cirze said...

I'd take it as a compliment, Dg.

They're scared of you.

S