Friday, November 13, 2009

Tom Waits Friday Will Not Be Denied


Today a Very Large bill that I was not expecting crashed into my life. And upon sitting down to catch my breathe, panic a little and read it in detail, I discovered that the castle feline had decided (for her own, inscrutable reasons) that today was the day she would take random revenge on my favorite spot on the couch, and that I was now seated in my suit and tie in a little puddle of cat pee.

And after a moment of pure, scalding, self-pitying rage, I abruptly found I could only smile and tip my hat with great respect and admiration to the Great Comic in the Sky.

Because that, ladies 'n gemmin, is low humor of the very highest order.

All your cryin don't do no good
Come on up to the house
Come down off the cross
We can use the wood
Come on up to the house...

8 comments:

Angel Of Mercy said...

Tom Waits Friday is always a fine way to end the week, Dr. Glass. Many thanks.

(One of my favorite Waits numbers, "Mr. Siegel," isn't on YouTube, though. Remember?

Tell me, brave captain, why are the wicked so strong...?)

I'll see you comin' down on Sunday morning, big guy.

res ipsa loquitur said...

DON'T PANIC.

Anonymous said...

That clip makes me nostalgic for the days when tattoos were worn by interesting people...

StonyPillow said...

Still waiting for the puppies.

driftglass said...

res ipsa loquitur,
Your not the boss of me :-)

StonyPillow,
Thanks. Puppies coming soon.

zencomix said...

The stores are no longer open, and I still ain't got no money.

Anonymous said...

Tom Waits Friday! And Johnny's scowl and the best bird ever flipped coming soon! Oh. yeah, and your commentary, drifty ;)
These are the reasons I keep coming back here.
"He balanced a diamond on a blade of grass..."

Anonymous said...

I just don't listen to enough Tom Waits these days. Thanks for reminding me...
---gravie