Friday, September 25, 2009

Everyone Knows

benmoore
that history is never kind to fat troublemakers who try to upend the status quo merely because it has been rigged by a tiny, powerful elite to produce grotesquely unfair and inhumane results for everyone who is not a member of that elite.



Here, one such impudent sassmouth has the temerity to point out to one of our national treasures of journalism that said journalist*

might actually be full of shit.

"I have held up a Looking-Glass
in which some of the Ministers may see their ugly faces,
and the Nation its Injustice."




* A notation for 22nd Century historians:
In 2009, mainstream media political "journalists" were a class of corporate thralls who regularly appeared on the teevee machine demanding that Liberal interviewees respond to mean things which fictional critics might hypothetically say about them at some point in the future.

This profession continued to be an extremely lucrative variation of a mass entertainment genre called "reality teevee" until most of its practitioners were wiped out in 2013 from spontaneous cranial implosion brought on by what was later identified as the C1F2 virus, more commonly called "Future Perfect Conditional Continuous Tense Disorder" or "Fox Disease".

10 comments:

daver said...

Always a fan of yours -- you really write well...


but..

I'd still like to know what it is about your site that pegs my cpu usage continually to 100%, every time I visit it (Firefox -- Windoze or linux...)

(Been going on for a year or two...)

Would you pleeeease look into this?

(cn i git a witness?...)

Caoimhin Laochdha said...

Holy Bat Snot Commissioner!

Must admit DG, as a Literature major, - a long time ago - I never learned the Future Perfect (affirmative/negative or interrogative) Conditional or Perfect Continuous Form. And when I say "never learned," I mean, never f'ing heard of it. Guess I’ll be pulling down my duct-taped, road worn and weary Strunk & White (3d ed.) tonight. I need to understand the origins of this grammatical and linguistic deficit under which I've toiled for the better part of four+ decades.

**
I don’t think I commented, but your Just For Men post last week pretty much shot a flaming stake through my soul. Like so much of your work, which I instantly click to my e-posse, I immediately wanted to email the Just4Men link to friends. That post, however, made me hesitate. Some of my age appropriate (male) friends could easily take it the wrong way. ("Hey Timmy, read this post about middle aged guys like us . . ., err, no I didn't mean anything by it, no I WASN't suggesting anything"). The rest of my friends would probably assume I was sending out a cry for help after they read it.

Beautiful writing as always

-- thank you DG.

cl

Fran / Blue Gal said...

I'm not sure about the rabble running the economy, particularly when it comes to immigration policy, but I'll not digress on that.

Michael Moore sure did bring a bucket of cleansing of the soul to that interview, and used Wolf as the mop. Amen.

And I wonder how Newt Gingrich manages to say he converted to the same church Michael Moore clings to? That's an awfully big tent Cardinal Clink runs, innit?

Lovely photoshop, btw.

Mike Goldman said...

We need a public banking option and a hemp currency, that should clean up the mess.

Hef said...

And the "Brevity Is Wit" Award goes to... Mike Goldman. Made possible , of course, by the inimatable Driftglass. Thanks DG. You're on fire!

Serving Patriot said...

... we want our money back. And the people are coming.

The continuous obliviousness of the "people's representatives," their retainers and lobbyist enablers, and the entire Village media class will one day be as marveled as the obtuseness of the French Aristocracy in the 18th Century.

Love him or hate him, Moore can really capture the zeitgeist among those the hoi-polloi cannot or will not recognize.

Great clip and great photo!

SP

driftglass said...

daver
Happens to me too, at my own site and several others. Nothing mysterious about the code -- nothing unusual embedded anywhere. Just a free blogger template, running on Blogger. Wish it were something I could fix.


Caoimhin Laochdha
Glad you liked it. And I had to look up the tense stuff myself.


Fran Langum / Blue Gal
Newt's church is as presidential-focus-group tested as his necktie.


Mike Goldman
It would certainly make visiting the loan officer more interesting.


Hef
Thanks.

Serving Patriot
Thank you.

darkblack said...

Wolfie really tried to job-avoid his way to a holiday bonus that time, bless his little mock-silk socks.

Still second best, though.

;>)

Angel Of Mercy said...

That Ben Franklin/Michael Moore 'shop is truly inspired, Big Guy...

Distributorcap said...

i thought wolf went the way of the dodo