Thursday, December 18, 2008

Corrupt Governor Update, IX


Don't Cry For Me, Lincolnlandia.

Governor Shakedown just wants to talk to his pipplses!

Blagojevich Quotes Elvis, Says He'll Talk 'Soon'

Gov. Rod Blagojevich said Wednesday that he "can't wait" to tell his side of the story and expects to do so no later than Thursday.

"I can't wait to begin to tell my side of the story and to address you guys and, most importantly, the people of Illinois. That's who I'm dying to talk to," he said as he left his home Wednesday morning for a jog.

"There's a time and place for everything. That day will soon be here and you might know more about that today, maybe no later than tomorrow."

Asked about when he will talk about the case, Blagojevich, an Elvis acolyte, made his first public King reference since his arrest on federal corruption charges:

"To quote Elvis, 'hang loose.' Now can I get a run in, do you think?"


Ha!

You know, even if there was the prospect of doping him to the hairline on a scopolamine/temazepam/sodium thiopental cocktail and getting him to start puking up raw chunks of truth, I would be more excited at the prospect of an insider blab-all about how the ugly interior flummox machinery of Illinois politics really works if I hadn’t already seen the movie:



And the sitcom

1 comment:

Steve T. said...

"I can't wait to begin to tell my side of the story and to address you guys and, most importantly, the people of Illinois."

I knew I'd heard that song recently! William "Dollar Bill" Jefferson has been promising us here in New Orleans an "honest, good explanation" for how $90,000 of marked FBI cash wound up in his freezer. We're still waiting.

Maybe he should have told us the story before he got booted from office by an unknown. Maybe he's saving it for his imminent trial.

He and Blago should compare notes.