Monday, January 07, 2008

So to summarize…


A long, exhausting day today which will be followed by another long, exhausting day tomorrow.

Everything is a bit of a blur, but after some close reading I think I now have a feel for the lay of the political land.

To summarize a whole lot of pre-New Hampshire political blog chatter:
  1. I’m not an XXXXXXXX supporter, but…

  2. XXXXXXXX is clearly the only human being capable of saving our country.

  3. YYYYYYYY is impossibly naïve/a sellout/a shill/a Sekrit Republican/unelectable.

  4. Anyone supporting YYYYYYYY over XXXXXXXXX is either a dupe, a fool or a fascist.

  5. Evil Republicans actually want to run against YYYYYYYY and have rigged up the entire campaign in a double-secret, super-ooper-duper-reverso-head-fake maneuver so subtle that only Inner Circle Party elites (and my Invisible Republican Friend who leaked this Vital!Information! to me) know about it.

    Which is extra special amazing when you consider that the same GOP that can't seem to buy, borrow or disinter a candidate that won't shit in his own shoes, fall on his ass and/or send voters screaming for the exits in horror are nonetheless also so Fucking Ming the Merciless Omnipotent that they can conclusively tamper with the Democrat's nomination process, and yet do it so invisibly that only XXXXXXXX supporters and certain breeds of specially trained rescue dogs can detect it!
    Arf! Arf Arf!

    What's that girl? Timmys trapped in a well and...and...

    Grrr Arf Arf!

    ...and YYYYYYYY is really a Republican plant!

    Oh noes!

  6. If XXXXXXXX is not the nominee I will quit politics and go live in a tree because all hope is lost forever and ever

  7. XXXXXXXX would be leading if not for the lackey media. And those damned kids!


Shorter:
Roosevelts a crippled rich kid!
Trumans just a Party hack!
Wallace is a Commie!
And Garner stabbed us the back!

The only choice that’s left us
The only one at all
Is that Leader with Experience

The Mighty Cordell Hull

Cordell Hull: If he's good enough for Alternate History, that's good enough for me.

10 comments:

res ipsa loquitur said...

Haven't seen as many arguments and as much hostility in blogoland as I saw today in a long, long while.

Doesn't help that the media has already deemed it "over," i.e., Hillary done, Obama the Guy.

Fran / Blue Gal said...

Yep. I'm highly tempted to tell those using the number 6 comment to delete their blogs in protest if kkkkkkk doesn't place at least third. Nah. I won't. They won't. But it sure is tempting.

Anonymous said...

Thing is we could use more public servants like Cordell Hull. A guy like this would beat Bush and Cheney senseless with a stick and toss them out of DC, only because he would be insulted by their antics.

dguzman said...

Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

OK. I'll confess. I have definitely used 1, 2, 5, and 7.

Anonymous said...

NO! TYPO! "1, 3, 5, and 7"

Anonymous said...

He's not a sap,
He's sure not dull,
You ain't seen nothing
Like the Mighty Hull...

Myrtle June said...

3 infinity. 2.

WereBear said...

I'm just happy our leading candidates are actual sentient beings.

The R's can't say that...

BAC said...

I'm not sure what it is with me a photos lately, but Hull looks amazingly like my grandfather, who grew up in Clay County (Indiana).

BG just posted a photo the other day of a wedding dress, of a wedding I actually attended. What a hoot.

Guess I should go back and read your post again ... I got side tracked by the photo.


BAC