Wednesday, July 19, 2006

"I believe in Jebusland."


Over on Mr. Gilliard’s site, Steve asks the musical question…

“Who will stand with the commander?”

And points out here, in response, to an article from the Hartford Courant about Joe’s problems as the Disorganization Man...

...
He's got greater problems then that.

He doesn't have a field operation now? With weeks to go? And he wants to make an independent run? Who is he kidding?

Look, this is amazing. If the locals aren't going to help him, who can he get. He would normally reach out to the locals, who would put their people on the street and get paid for it.

Without that help, he's going to be grabbing anyone who comes along and that doesn't get you the best staff. In fact, it can lead to trouble. In many of the small towns, he won't be covered at all. And from this article, Lamont will be getting unexpected help. He should have had a field team in place after the convention, not wait while Swan reached out to the pissed offs.

...



To which my response is, I suppose he could always reach out for help to is good friends on the Righteous Right...


Of course first, he must confess loyalty.

FADE FROM BLACK: Int. of James Dobson’s office



Lieberman (seated in front of the Dobsons desk, facing the camera): I believe in Jebusland.

Undercutting my Party and selling-out Democratic principles has made my fortune, and I ran my political life in this way. I let things go. I did not protest when the Dear Leader put up extremist judges. I tried to help him eliminate Social Security, and was key in making it much harder for the poor to declare bankruptcy.

I consorted with right-wing radio hosts and told my party they dishonored themselves when they disputed the Dear Leader’s infinite wisdom.

I let him kiss me.

I let him put his hands on me like I was a common Germany chancellor…


Then, comes the “ask”.

Lieberman: I will give you anything you ask.

Dobson: We've known each other many years, but this is the first time you ever came to me for counsel or for help. I can't remember the last time that you invited me to your house for a cup of coffee or that godawful sweet wine crap that you hebes sozzle...Let's be frank here. You never wanted my friendship. And uh, you were afraid to be in my debt.

Lieberman: I didn't want to get into trouble with the smelly Liberals.

Dobson: I understand. You found paradise in Dubya's pants. You had a good trade, you made a good living. Incumbency protected you and the courts of public opinion were under control. And you didn't need a friend like me. But uh, now you come to me and you say -- “Don Jimmy, give me votes.” But you don't ask with respect. You don't offer friendship. You don't even think to call me Reverend. Instead, you come into my house and you ask me to do re-election for money.

Lieberman: I ask you for justice.

Dobson: That is not justice. Your own people are rejecting you.

Lieberman: Let the Liberals suffer then, as I suffer. How much shall I pay you?

Dobson (after standing and turning his back): Joementum, Joementum. What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? If you'd come to me in friendship, then this scum that is ruining your Party would be suffering this very day. And if by chance a Holy man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies. And then they would fear you.


Then, inevitably, comes the price.


Lieberman: Be my friend - - Reverend.

(Dobson shrugs. Lieberman bows toward him and kisses his pale, puffy ass.)


FADE OUT.

12 comments:

Melissa McEwan said...

That picture makes me cry.

Anonymous said...

Careful, Drifty. The Mob might be insulted at being compared to the Religious Right. After all, the RR supports Dear Leader's witless jihad for petroleum and shrugs off the "collateral" casualties, whereas the Mob might still have some scruples about killing children.

Anonymous said...

<troll>

Aha! So Sub-Commander Gilliard says "Frog!" and you jump, eh? Proving once again that you're just another lock-step Lefty blogger, you big phony!

</troll>

Wicked adaptation there, driftglass.

Anonymous said...

So ugly, he's got Michelle Malkin's eyes.

rivw24

driftglass said...

Shakespeare's Sister,
Sorry sis. How can I make it up to you :-)

Kid Charlemagne,
Hmm. Why does that make me think of Don Jimmy taking Specter or McCain aside and telling them, "Don't ever take sides against Focus on the Family again. Ever."?

prof fate,
Pfft! I fear not Sub-Commander Gilliard! Except...except he has Maximum Blogger for Life, Kos-ser Soze, backing him.

I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Kos-ser Soze...

rivw24,
Don't tell anyone, but they're baby eyes from a "failed" Photoshop experiment. Halfway through it was clear that my original idea wouldn't work.

diva,
Sorry dogs. Kids.
Had to be done.

Anonymous said...

Damn, you're good. Excellent. Do, please, carry on.

Anonymous said...

Saw this in the comments over at Gilly's, love the illustrated version.

Anonymous said...

I once told an American that I disliked American foreign policy - while I was at a conference once. It was an off handed remark that I cold not catch until it had left my lips.
That was the substance of a conversation that lasted only a few minutes, as I was watching the hockey playoffs on projection. I have never been invited back to that conference.
I never gave any specific references for my rationale , but I wish I had the lucidity of driftglass. Might have made for an interesting conversation. The result would have been the same, but I may have had a few laughs.

Love,

mancub

skunqesh said...

rivw24 - I feel a song comin on!

His hair is snowey white
His thin lips sweet surprise
His hands are icey cold
He's got Michelle Malkin eyes
He'll turn his music on you
You won't have to think twice
He's pure as Hartford snow
He got Michelle Malkin eyes

And he'll tease you
He'll unease you
All the better just to please you
He's precocious and he knows just
What it takes to make and blow Bush
He got petulant stand off sighs
He's got Michelle Malkin eyes

w/ no apology to Kim Carnes

jurassicpork said...

Did you know that Pink Floyd's "Brain Damage" was written to coincide with the Bush administration? It's true! It doesn't just work with The Wizard of Oz.

jurassicpork said...

Voting conservative over the last three or four election cycles is essentially committing suicide by Republican. And I got the idea from Mr. Drifty from a post he'd made 'way back when.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»