Saturday, May 06, 2006

Saturday Morning


Catwoman Blogging.

In honor of the women who, between them,

lobbed a cinderblock into the puddle of my preadolescent sexual predilections.

Who knows; without them I might have malformed into another rigid, uptight Republican freak, having shame-based sex with poker-playing doxies, instead of the model of clear-eyed, naught-bad-fun-luvin’ flexibility you see before you today.

I blame Gilliard for bringing this whole thing up (sing with me now:
”There is a bombshell,
There is a bombshell,
In Gilliard…”)


Also, as promised, here’s a rack of Chicago’s finest ribs…


And a keg…


In honor of the indefatigable Spamcatcher v 1.0 making its thousandth kill.

It is indeed time to par-tay! And it’s also probably time to retire it: The old gal is showing her age, and the spambot software has obviously been tweaked to go after other posts besides the lead dog.

There is what feels like an algorithm to it – they’ll usually hit some combination of recentness and most trafficked with bursts of three or more penis-enlargement shitstains – and if I had lots of idle time I might take an interest in reverse engineering the pattern and trying to interlace “real” posts with flypaper ones. But I don’t, so I’m not.

However before shutting it down, I am fiddling with the idea of replacing the catcher with a Before Proceeding “Terms of Use” agreement in the top spot.

Something that says, roughly:
“By posting comments on this blog, I affirm that I have read this ToU and agree to pay the operator of this blog a sum of $20 for every mass-distributed advertisement (commonly known as “spam”) placed in his/her comments by me or by a mass-advertising service hired by me for the purpose of soliciting commercial interest in products or services on the part of his/her readers.

In addition, I further agree to double this fee for any of multiple solicitations placed within one hour of each other in any comment section.”

I also feel very strongly that I should work the phrase “appertaining thereto” in there somewhere, but I’ll need another tub of coffee to figure out exactly where.

Y’all enjoy your Saturday: I’m off to swim in the dark waters of the labor pool today. Busy-busy, but will surely be holed up someplace seedy and delightful by midnight, tipping a glass in honor of Goss going up like marshmallow in a microwave, Rove circling the drain and, of course, Miss Eartha Kitt.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

About those "male enhancement" formulas: complete the following sentence: "A (blank) and his money are soon parted."

Anonymous said...

Ribs and Guinness, eh? Party later at Castle Driftglass (oh, and mind the cat!).

DG- if I had enjoyed my morning coffee I'd throw in some advice with the legalese, but alas...

Anonymous said...

Absolutely, Drift! Let's pull the cork on the scintillating-poon bottle, over here, too.

:o)

To continue with Liv Tyler, I was so knocked out by those "Liv Taylor" lavender's, that I had to de-tox myself by finding out that she was dumb enough to be a smoker, that she MAY have done a trip with Bruce Willis on that godawful asteroid film, and she married a rock. I said:

"Face it, tb, she's doing on-the-job-latent-celebrity-lifetraining", and we'll be seeing her name in the 'bloids, with some regularity.

But, I could be wrong. Hope I am...

Anonymous said...

Singer, dammit, singer...

Anonymous said...

Congrats, I guess, on 1,000. Once you hit ten times that, you'll know where those Ohio votes came from.

I gotta admit I'm gonna miss it though. I think my favorite one was "I am #SUBJECT#!"

Anonymous said...

And you forgot to mention Eartha's growling of "Santa Baby." Ohhhh, baby. Even as a hetrosexual woman, I must say that she is hot. Some things just cannot be denied.

Ribs and beer. Sounds divine. Wish I were there!

As for the legalise. I got nothing.

Anonymous said...

Screw Eartha and Julie!!! The Doctor wants to make love to dem ribs!!!

Miss Cellania said...

I've noticed spam comments usually go in the second or third post down from the top these days. And sometimes into the archives, wehere I cannot find and killl them!

M- Filer said...

If you like Madonna; VOTE FOR YOUR TOP TEN SINGLES OF ALL TIME ON www.madonnafiles.blogspot.com

cieran said...

The one great thing about growing up near Chicago but ending up several hundred miles farther south is the wealth of opportunities for finding "the sacrament of barbeque" in these red-state parts. My favorite local BBQ joint just celebrated its 75th anniversary, and lemme tell you, practice does indeed make perfect.

And thanks, Sir Driftglass, for reminding me why the name "Julie Newmar" still makes my mind drift off to...

Karen McL said...

Yep...and I have to say I was hooked on "Steed and Emma"

While Steed was more my *type*, I can say I wouldn't have minded growing up to be Mrs. Peel.

While she was Not exactly a Cat-woman ...I could tell she was (for men) equally feral, kick-ass and hot in black leather.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Julie Newmar and Eartha Kitt certainly clarified some things for me while I was in my early adolescent fog. Defined them, you might say. They'll always be special.

parsec

Mister Roboto said...

Yeah, I think the bots are getting smarter. The Ur-Spam-Catcher isn't fooling them as much anymore.

Anonymous said...

You've got to stop sending us over to Gilliard. Trying to compare Catherine Deneuve, Pam Grier, Sophia Loren, .... is just a cruel way of stripping my emotional gears man. Cruel, Very cruel.

Anonymous said...

You may already know that basic sign up is free at traffic swarm. You can also upgrade to the Pro membership, Check this out: "New TrafficSwarm Pro Membership Delivers TWICE the traffic, Provides FREE Custom Products and MUCH More!"

"We Create the Products for you to sell...and YOU keep All The Money!"

To find out more visit: top home-based businesses site. It successfully exposes FREE information covering Traffic and top home-based businesses related stuff.

Anonymous said...

a great opportunity, no selling, no phoning, no recruiting PERIOD!

Anonymous said...

Great blog and well done - good stuff. For your infotamtion, please come visit my site http://www.forex-affiliate.com/Affiliates/main.aspx?ref=5836 it is about worldwide affiliate program Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hi Friend! You have a great blog over here!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my apply personal loan online site.
Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger, I found your blog quite informative.
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my workstation site.
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

CREDIT CARD DEBT HELP FREE QUOTE APPLY NOW

Student loan rates can fluctuate from the current low of 4.70% to a maximum of 8.25% for federal Stafford loans, 9% for PLUS loans. The current consolidation program allows students to consolidate once with a private lender, and reconsolidate again only with the Department of Education. Upon consolidation, a fixed interest rate is set based on the then-current interest rate. Reconsolidating does not change that rate. If the student combines loans of different types and rates into one new consolidation loan, a weighted average calculation will establish the appropriate rate based on the then-current interest rates of the different loans being consolidated togetherFederal student loan consolidation is often referred to as refinancing, which is incorrect because the loan rates are not changed, merely locked in. Unlike private sector debt consolidation, student loan consolidation does not incur any fees for the borrower; private companies make money on student loan consolidation by reaping subsidies from the federal governmentIn the United States, federal student loans are consolidated somewhat differently, as federal student loans are guaranteed by the U.S. government. In a federal student loan consolidation, existing loans are purchased and closed by a loan consolidation company or by the Department of Education (depending on what type of federal student loan the borrower holds). Interest rates for the consolidation are based on that year's student loan rate, which is in turn based on the 91-day Treasury bill rate at the last auction in May of each calendar year