Saturday, May 27, 2006

(Fumbles for speech


that he’s been rehearsing for 11 years.)

First I’d like to thank myperzunlordnsavyer, Jebus.

Then I’d like to give a shout out to Mom: Made it, Ma’. Top o’ the world!

(OK, admittedly that was a shout out to Cody Jarrett’s Mom.)

Also my eternal thanks to all the little people who made this moment possible.

General Tom Thumb for livin’ the dream!

Napoleon Bonaparte, both for the Louisiana Purchase and the ice cream.

Both Pinkie and The Brain.

Abu Gonzales.

The head of the Lollipop Guild for waiving certain regs.

A lass we’ll just call “Sally” who showed me…stuff.

I would thank one “Cordwainer Bird”, but he’s still very much alive and kicking, and I understand he still commands a phalanx of loyal Deathbird Squads, and I am wise in the ways of not gratuitously pissing off someone who A) I admire very much, and B) who can have me removed from the planet.


Yes, of course I know this was just a mindless aggregating subroutine grinding away on a slow news day that happened to pop this blog to the top of the WaPo comments on this story.

But if you don’t think I’m going to hitch my thumbs into my belt someday soon and, in my best Barney Fife, chat up some lovely lass with, “Did you catch my piece in the Washington Post this weekend. A-yep, yep, yep. That was me. Sure was.”, then you obviously have no idea who you are dealing with.

Because lemme tell ya, that moment? That short interval between laying out my smooth line of product and being hit with a face-full of mojito?

It’s golden ;-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duck, there on to ya!

Seriously, play it for all it's worth, especially to impress an LLL of your dreams!

dcnative said...

Congratulations!!

Karen McL said...

Alrighty, Drifty, yer playing a rough hand of *liar's poker* here at the high stakes BlogFlash table?

Hmmm...

I'll see yer "WaPo Who's Blogging" and raise you a February "Froomkin WH Briefing"!

(*smile*)

Oh - I'm Like SOOooo *15-Minutes*...

Anonymous said...

Enjoy every one of those precious, short moments, driftglass.

Anonymous said...

Drift,
You have every right to be proud sooooooooooo......Congratulations!
Keep on acumlutating them and someday the man with the big fat checkbook is gonna make you an offer you can't refuse and then a whole new world of readers will be exposed to what we regulars already know.... talent when we see it.

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»