Friday, May 06, 2005

Comrade Citizens, I bring greeting from the West


Now let’s talk about Private Accounts.

This via the Chicago Tribune:

Trip will test president's personal bond with Putin
BY MARK SILVA AND ALEX RODRIGUEZ Chicago Tribune
WASHINGTON - (KRT) - Sixty years after the United States and Russia's shared victory in World War II, relations between the nations rest with two leaders whose friendship, once marked by unusual personal warmth and common purpose, has deteriorated noticeably.
The relationship between President Bush and Russian President Vladimir Putin will be on display - and tested behind the scenes - during Bush's five-day European tour starting Friday
Having apparently completely tapped out Americas vast reserves of fake, hand-picked “Town Hall” crowds and Potemkin events in front of which he could keep flogging his failed Social Security Evisceration Plan, the President has taken his Lootapalooza tour to the homeland of Grigori Aleksandrovich Potemkin himself.

Or perhaps Laura Bush is there to lay a wreath on fellow well-endowed equestrian appreciator, Catherine The Great.

Or perhaps Putin (That’s President Pooty-Poot to you) needs his soul looked into again to see what’s happening. Sort of a 10,000 mile checkup. Pity that “Heart Breaker and Nine-Lives-Taker” Herr Doktor Senator Frist’s Magic Remote Diagnostic Powers aren’t trans-Atlantic in scope. Maybe it’s like vampirism and crossing running water or something? Which is a shame because gas prices being what they are, conducting Foreign Policy via Faith-Based Ouija Board sessions instead of flying hither and thither on Air Force One would sure save me the taxpayer a chunk of change.

Well, whatever the real agenda, we wish our President go-with-God on his Mission to Moscow. In fact, I said a little prayer this morning to help speed him along his way.

“Oh Lord, maker of all things and fountainhead of all faiths, please don’t let this dry-drunk, feeble-minded idiot embarrass us abroad any more than he already has. Or get me thirty slippery minutes with Rosario Dawson. Either way, it’s good for me.”

Amen.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Driftglass- with such an impassioned prayer perhaps the great goddesses will extend your time to at least an hour. I'll pray for your salvation. Amen.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. For the site in general--I'm new, and just read through a bunch. Sometimes, as Scopes II rages on just down the road from me, and the march to 3rd world status goes by, and the absolute true bone-deep loonies rise up from the corner and demand the keys to the asylum, I nearly forget that at the same time it's funny as hell. I appreciate the reminder, since I'm obviously goin' there.

Anonymous said...

I just hope that Ms. Poontin' takes Laura off to do a little shopping at GUM, giving Mr. Putin a chance to sic one of those residual KGB ladies onto junior.

You know, one of those "well-trained" agents that can do more with 6 inches of dick than a monkey can with a mile of grapevine. :)

Hell, after the tryst, maybe the russians can even give junior a look at something of interest that they have; say....a semen stained dress that they can test their forensic skills on, to see if they're as good as ours.

darrelplant said...

According to a review in the New York Review of Books I saw the other day, Potemkin may have gotten a bad rap:

"He [Potemkin] now found himself the object of jealousy on the part of the circle of the heir, Tsarevich Paul—and in Europe, which was suddenly waking up to Russian power. The Prussian and English rulers encouraged the Ottomans to reclaim their territories. Paul and his followers spread rumors that Potemkin's achievements in the south were 'Potemkin villages,' mere façades. Partly to prove them wrong and partly to solidify Russian power in the south, Potemkin now conceived his supreme triumph of political theater: Catherine's visit to the Crimea, accompanied by the principal Western ambassadors. The trip, made in 1787, was a huge success. Foreign rulers who had become skeptical about Potemkin's accomplishments had to admit to the reality of his fortresses, his ships of the line, and the settlements he had organized."

Unknown said...

Great post, I enjoyed reading it.

Adding you to favorites, Ill have to come back and read it again later.

Unknown said...

Man there is alot of comment spam I have noticed. Is there any way to remove it from the blogs?

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I have been browsing around looking for the latest info on e-book software and found your site, we dont exactly match but I enjoyed my visit and have bookmarked you.
Come and visit me some time if you get the time and grab some free software for making the effort.

Regards

e-book software

Anonymous said...

Great post...Have you seen Source Code Gold Mine? ( http://sourcecodegoldmine.com/v1/go/154/ )? It was released today. 10 brand new products with source code and all rights. I've never seen a package like this. Original Software and lots more. Let me know what you think.

Anonymous said...

Hey fellow blogger,

How are you today? I must say I like your site, you seem to put a lot of effort into it.

If you get the time come on over and have a look at my multi media e book site I am sure you will find it interesting

Regards
multi media e book

Anonymous said...

Hey just to let you know that yes I am promoting this but if you dont want to save at the pump then dont go to the site but I believe no matter who you are gas is just to expensive.

The goverment is using it and many other huge company's. This is not just some fly by night company or product. This is the real deal.

Anonymous said...

Great blog. If you like you can visit self-hypnosis.

Anonymous said...

If you are as tired of high gas prices as I am you will be very interested in these News reports from NBC and FOX news. They reveal how you can start saving 7%-19%. They also reveal how you can turn this into a very profitable venture. I have personally used the product with very good results..19.5% savings. To test the product I put it in my wife's car an '05 Cadillac SRX. She was not aware I put it in the car. I did it this way so that she would not subconsciously drive any differently and the final result 19.5% increase in milage. Quite astounding. I did the same with my Dad's '06 Ford F-150 and he got 15.3% increase. You really should check this out. high fuel prices http://prosonline.biz/gas/charleshugheshigh fuel prices
This is truly a winner.

Anonymous said...

Bloggers and Others

I found a great site on goal setting.If you want to change your life or learn about goal setting and find the answers to other self help questions. Visit http://purposesetting.com/sitemap_1.html

Anonymous said...

Very well written! Based on the content of your blog, I think you might enjoy some of the articles at my fda approved penis enlargement pill site and hope you will give it a peek.

Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!