Thursday, January 22, 2015

I Guess Humbert Humbert Ran Out Of Coeds To Creep



From the New York Times:
The Devotion Leap
JAN. 22, 2015

David Brooks

The online dating site OkCupid asks its clients to rate each other’s attractiveness on a scale of 1 to 5. When men rated the women, the median score was about 3 and the ratings followed a bell curve — a few really attractive women and an equal number of women rated as unattractive.

But when women rated men, the results were quite different. The median score was between 1 and 2. Only 1 in 6 of the guys was rated as having above average looks. Either the guys who go to places like OkCupid, Tinder and other sites are disproportionately homely, or women have unforgiving eyes
...
Nope.

Not gonna do it.

I have covered the execrable wattlings and hypocritical whinings and bald-faced lying of Mr. Brooks for a decade now.  From every angle, and back when virtually no one else would touch the subject.  I have noted with amusement Mr. Brooks sudden interest in, say, the subject of being alone in hotels 



and, as the Great Mystery of Mr. Family Values Lecture Guy's divorce swirled to life, I believe I was the only one who bothered to, y'know, pay attention to the ring finger.

So as America's premier David Brooks expert, I have done my duty.  And then some.

But unless some solvent media outlet wants to start cutting me paychecks every two weeks, I will not be further risking my fragile mental health by spelunking into to dark and loathsome horrors at the corner of David Brooks and OkCupid.

Not yet,

5 comments:

Cirze said...

I'll be waiting.

(And how can you resist such a fat subject?)

Unknown said...

A line has to be drawn somewhere and between Dave and anything having to do with sex is a great place to put it.

Lex Alexander said...

What Jerry B. said. Sometimes, what has been seen cannot be unseen.

Yastreblyansky said...

How about The Love Profile of J. David Prubrooks?

Unknown said...

Bobo has some hurt fee-fees that he didn't break out of the median range, I think.