Dan Rather, Keith Olbermann, Alec Baldwin, Phil Donahue, Dylan Ratigan and Martin Bashir walk into a bar...
Let us go now, hand-in-hand, to that Land Before Memory and Consequence where I will remind you of a thing that happened six months ago:
Fresh from eating a giant bag of salted NSA penises in front of a national audience, you may be wondering what fresh hell the Tiffany Network might have up its sleeve to out-Herod that Herod.Well, from time to time for for the good of my patchwork soul. even an egomaniac like me should be man enough to admit when he's wrong, and boy howdy, was I ever wrong.
Well, since you asked, remember that lady who used The House that Cronkite Built to fake up a Giant Scary Benghazi Story (and thereby tossed a few thousand pounds of jellied gasoline onto the dying embers of the wingnut's current favorite Kenyan Usurper fairy tale)?
The one who certain Liberal wags cynically predicted would probably be forced to sit in the naughty corner no longer than the industry-standard 30 days (or 'doing a full Halperin' as it is known in thrice-cursed the Language of the Damned)?
From Politico, November 26, 2013:
Yeah, that lady.One month after "60 Minutes" aired a controversial and now-retracted story about the events of the 2012 attack on the diplomatic compound in Benghazi, it seems as though the final shoe has dropped on the beleaguered network. Correspondent Lara Logan and producer Max McClellan are taking a leave of absence from the network, "60 Minutes" Executive Producer and CBS News Chairman Jeff Fager announced in a memo to staff on Tuesday....
Care to guess what happened to that lady?
Ms. Logan was not slapped on the wrist with a one month suspension.
She was slapped on the wrist with a six month suspension. (h/t Brother Charles Pierce):
CBS News’ Lara Logan back at workNEW YORK — CBS News’ Lara Logan is back to work at “60 Minutes” more than six months after being ordered to take a leave of absence for her role in a disputed story on the deadly 2012 raid at the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya.CBS News spokeswoman Sonya McNair said Wednesday that Logan has returned. She had no details on when the correspondent resumed work and what type of stories she is working on. Logan did not immediately return a telephone message for comment.Her October report on the CBS newsmagazine was quickly criticized and became the subject of an internal CBS investigation. The story relied on the testimony by Dylan Davies, a security contractor who said he was at the scene of the raid that since then has become a key Republican criticism of the Obama administration. But his story fell apart and it turned out there was no evidence he was there, and CBS issued a correction....
Never doubt for a minute there is a club.
Never doubt for a minute that you will never be in it.