Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Connecticut Manqué Returns


As God as my witness, I had hoped that I could retire this effing creepy graphic forever. But just in time for Halloween, American politics' most famous Quisling decided that there is still one square inch on the back of Liberalism that remained as yet unshivved.

So, taking careful aim, Joe Lieberman did what Joe Lieberman does best: stuck the knife in. (via TPM)

Lieberman: Sure, I'd Filibuster A Health Care Reform Bill With A Public Option

Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) told reporters today that he would in fact filibuster any health care bill he doesn't agree with--and right now, he doesn't agree with the public option proposal making its way through the Senate.

"I told Senator Reid that I'm strongly inclined--i haven't totally decided, but I'm strongly inclined--to vote to proceed to the health care debate, even though I don't support the bill that he's bringing together because it's important that we start the debate on health care reform because I want to vote for health care reform this year. But I also told him that if the bill remains what it is now, I will not be able to support a cloture motion before final passage. Therefore I will try to stop the passage of the bill."


Just like he did in 1998


And in 2000


And in 2008


Just like he did in 2006 when that nice then-Senator, Barack Obama said such kind things about him --
"...Joe Lieberman's a man with a good heart, with a keen intellect, who cares about the working families of America. I am absolutely certain that Connecticut's going to have the good sense to send Joe Lieberman back to the United States Senate."

after which Holy Joe lost the Democratic Primary to non-warfreak-douchebag Ned Lamont, abandoned the Party, invented the brand new, eponymous one-man "Electric Lieberman Headrush Skinflute Experience" Party and, with the invaluable support of the Connecticut Republican Party, ran against and beat the Democratic standard-bearer.

And if you need 15 more reasons to wonder why in the Hell Rahm Emanuel hasn't already made sure this Category Five Shitwhistle wakes up with Lindsey Graham's head in his bed, go here.

The point is this, Mr. President; while there have been many, many people who have been very, very wrong about Holy Joe, there was a group of people who were mostly right about him. And about Iraq. And about the economy. And about torture, warrantless wiretapping, health care, and a couple of dozen other issues that are really important.

That group is called "Liberals".

Maybe you should listen to them more often.

9 comments:

Kathy said...

To the Senate Dems:

"You knew damm well I was a Snake, before you brought me in!"

gruaud said...

"It is my nature", replied the scorpion.

AArdvarker said...

Liberals are often demonized for being correct. Resistance to change and mandate for the status quo.

Anonymous said...

I think we may(finally) be nearing the moment of truth as to whether our President is a Chicago-style, 51 dimensional chess player, or a spineless weenie.

Remember, Obama intervened PERSONALLY when the Senate was organizing after the election to protect Lieberman, ostensibly as insurance for this very circumstance. If Lieberman follows through on his threat and is not swiftly cock-punched and stripped of all his perks and committee assignments, two very ugly conclusions are inescapable.

Obama IS a spineless weenie or, worse, Lieberman is doing exactly what Obama wants done.

We will know soon.

Selah.
CAGary

StringonaStick said...

Gee, I wish the news would bother to report that Mrs. Lieberdouche has come out of lobbyist retirement to front for a major anti-health care reform shop; you know, one hired by insurnace companies to torpedo this whole thing. You'd think that would be news, wouldn't you?

justme said...

Fuck Joe Lieberman with a hot waffle iron.

Can we strip the motherfucker of his investigation-blocking committee chair now?

Thanks, Joe, for being "with us on everything but the war."

Riiiiiight.

Fran / Blue Gal said...

The minute, the very instant, I heard this story I thought about angry baby Lieberman. Thanks (not) for burning that image in my brain, DG. :)

Michael Hart said...

"...retire [that] effing creepy graphic"?? As God as my witness, I hope not; instead, you should refine it: those scaly fingers literally cry out for heinous claws.

Once a Lizard, always a lizard.

Serving Patriot said...

DG,

If only we could convince one of those poor slaving interns at the news networks to use your image of Holy (Traitor) Joe in the evening news... just once I beg!

I'm with CAGary. This IS the moment. One would think a call from him one personal committee chairmanship Savior Barack would cause Traitor Joe to back off.

One would think.

SP