Monday, June 25, 2012

Sunday Morning Comin' Down -- UPDATE





Peggy Noonan (Our Lady of the Immaculate Mojito)


was in fine form yesterday, still gamely confusing the chirps and twitters of alcohol dementia inside of her head with the voices of real people in the real world:
"This growing meme out there as this administraion as a 'house of cards'."

and still woozily following the Wild Irish Rose down one, hilarious, mental cul-de-sac after another:

NOONAN: Oh, I think you can't legislate away some of life's limits and joys. It's a very rich and varied thing. Look, I think that -- interesting article in the Atlantic tends -- it seems to me it is focusing on how women are doing in the world, in business, in the professions. What percentage of people we have -- of women we have in the State Department and are we slipping and such?

And I think, therefore, it takes a slightly limited view of what women are, what choices they have, and what they might want to be. And so it's seemed to me a little bit limited and crabbed in its canvas, I suppose.

I forget where I'm going with that, beyond it is good to remember that it is good to work with children, it is good to be in the house, it's good to be in the office. All of these things are good. You've got to be open about them, but you can't try to legislate it too closely.



Yes, Lady Chauncey Gardener,



it is good to be in the house.

It is good to be in the office.

In fact, look at Jane in the Office.

See Jane take pay-cuts and furlough days, , lose benefits and work hundreds and hundreds of hours of unpaid overtime every year just so she can keep her job.

See Jane run!  Run, Jane, Run!

Also "friend", good!

"Bread", good!

But "fire"?  "Fire" bad!

"Jello shots" good!

Mmmm.

Shiny, shiny, Jello shots.

I'm sorry, what was I saying?

There is, of course, much, much more to touch upon, but I am preparing for a little surgery tomorrow (getting, not giving) and have other matters on my mind.  However, having recently made the Sunday Shows one of his recurring features, Mr. Pierce has more, and I sincerely hope my pal Tengrain -- who, having tilled this field with immense talent and persistence for years and years, owns clear title and right of first refusal on all matters Noonanian -- will come out swinging.

Because Tengrain good!

UPDATE:  Tengrain posts.

Oh....the Wheels on the Souse go
Round and round,
Round and round,
Round and round...



4 comments:

Nangleator said...

Good gracious. Doesn't she understand it isn't lying (it can't be lying!) if no one understands it?

Habitat Vic said...

Wow, the Pegster really got lost in the cornfields there.

I especially like (on the video you linked) how at the end George Effin Will - no stranger to doddering ol' conservatives, he - leans way back in his chair and folds his arms with a WTF look on his face.

Roket said...

It has become painfully obvious that the Nooner has gone way beyond her 'use by' date.

Anonymous said...

Ok... am I the only one here who thought, "But... mojito aren't *red*!"

Mike.K.