Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday Morning Comin' Down


Big Fun/ Little Pundits

This morning I flicked around the Mouse Circus a bit...

flick

flick

Candy Crowley ("State of the Union") explaining that, in the budget debate, the Left and the Right are paralyzing the Center...

flick

flick

Rand Paul. Senator Rand Paul.

“Yeah. I think there is a compromise. But the compromise is not to raise taxes...

The compromise is where we cut, not where we raise taxes."
flick

flick

More like it. Everywhere.

Sigh.

So like any sane, sensible human being with an IQ above room temperature and a memory that encompasses more that the last 48 hours, I threw up a little into a Kleenex box I'd been saving for just such an occasion.

Then I hopped in my car to continue my Very Good Weekend: one which began yesterday with Susie Bright -- kick-ass author and the best erotic literature anthologist anywhere who is now on a national book-and-workshop tour to promote her extraordinary "Big Sex/ Little Death" autobiography -- live and in-person in the back seat of my car

reading splendid stories to me from her 2008 anthology in Full Dramatic Voice as we boomed down I-55 en route to dinner with Blue Gal

on the first leg of Susie's sojourn from Chicago to St. Louis.

Suck it, Shahryār!


(Here are Susie's tour dates and location. Catch one if you can.)







1 comment:

someofparts said...

The Suzy Bright part sounds like major fun.