Sunday, April 06, 2008

Clinton, Obama fight over


Montana Delegate.

Mrs. Uriah Huffman loves her Mister (God rest his soul), the Great State of Montana, and after services on Sunday, a glass of “That real good dandelion wine Mrs. Litefoot puts up every year.”

And this year, Mrs, Huffman loves something else as well: progressive politics. Because this year, she will be Montana’s lone delegate to the Democratic Convention in Denver.

We caught up with her in her tidy ranch house on the edge of the Missouri Breaks.

On Montana:

Well, I’m originally from East Texas y’know, but when I met my Mister during the Dubya Dubya Two, well that was that. Miss Zenith Myranda Spaulding packed her bags, became Mrs. Uriah Huffman, and moved her fanny to the Great State of Montana.

And I tell you, I haven’t ever regretted ever for one day!


On being the center of the political universe:

Well, we’re getting good Missouri press -- Bigfork Eagle, Havre Daily News, KPAX out of Missoula, and of course Montana Public. My grand nephew Andy (who’s married to that sweet little Filipina lady don’t you know) practically runs The Whitefish Pilot and they sent him down to cover the race, and The Pilot never covers politics.

And we’ve got a lot of the Big Boys here for the first time in who knows. Just yesterday I caught Bill Moyers and Keith Olbermann trying to trick that poor Chris Matthews into milking a bull!
(Just between us, Chris may not be the slickest acre on the glacier and the other boys shouldn't tease him like that, but he doesn't do himself any favors by "narrating" everything he sees "Ha! That's a mountain! Ha! My horsie's saddle smells like Reagan!" and sniffing the all the girl's hair.)

I appreciate the attention – it's good that we can maybe get national spotlights on some Montana Issues for a little bit -- but I don’t know where we’ll put all the company we’re getting.

I have that nice Mr. Podesta out on the porch swing, Donna Brazille in the hayloft, and last night Mark Penn and David Axelrod kept everyone up until all hours arguing over who gets to sleep next to the radiator in the mud room.

And that Cara-velle fella? Well it may be unchristian for sayin’ so, but he bothers the Holy Hannah out of me. And his wife? All I’ll say is if she was a’takin’ care of her Mister instead of stirrin’ up trouble maybe her face wouldn’ta turned out looking that way.


On the candidates:

Well I’ll go to Denver and do whatever the majority of Montanans vote me to do, but let me just say its been a pleasure to have a couple of genuine bucking horses running this year. Everybody here knew I was an Edwards girl early on, but you know, our state motto is "Oro y Plata" -- Gold and Silver – and that’s what I think we Democrats are blessed to have to choose from this year.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got a little mess to clean up in the kitchen; Katrina vanden Heuvel – such a tiny thing (littler that my nephew Andy's missus if you can believe it) and who, bless her heart, swears like a Colorado dope peddler – got kinda tipsy last night on the dandelion wine and tried making pancakes for the McLaughlin Group.

1 comment:

Phil said...

Quick!
While ya got em all there in one spot out in the middle of BumFuck Wyoming, cut all the electricity and lock the gates so they can't leave!
After a couple of days with no news and no one to listen to their bullshit they will start pickin each other off.
We can nail the last one trying to get over the gate and be shut of a whole passle of the worthless fucks at once.