Friday, August 23, 2019

Professional Left Podcast #508


“If you don't live it, it won't come out your horn. "  
--  Charlie Parker, musical genius


Don't forget to visit our new website -- http://www.proleftpod.com -- for all of the sweet bells and whistles:  there are links to donate to our podcast work at that site, as well as links to our swingin' Zazzle merch store,  our respective blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Kittehs! and much more. Many thanks once again to @theologop for building it all for us!

I'm trying a new embed format provided by Radio Public.  Let me know what you think!
Links:
The Professional Left is brought to you by our wholly imaginary "sponsors" and real listeners like you!





2 comments:

dinthebeast said...

OK, I know what the word is. The word for those who continually reject clear advances of our agenda because they aren't up to their arbitrary standards: Privilege. That's the fucking word. That's the fucking word for the commenters over at Crooks and Liars who used to call me a corporatist Hillbot because I supported the ACA even after I explained to them that I am disabled and would also be blind if not for the ACA.
That may be hard to swallow for the Medicare for All purists, but it's true. I have Medicare because I'm disabled, but I'd still be blind if not for the Medicaid expansion under the ACA because Medicare pays 80% of a cataract surgery and I don't have an extra two grand lying around to make up the difference, and am not likely to get it from my SSDI that supports two people.
Privilege.
The sort of luxury I don't have, and I am far from the only one.
So if they don't like billionaire politicians, are they out there putting pressure on their elected officials to get the campaign laws changed?
You'd think that if they were they'd know that ANY Democrat would be more receptive to their efforts than ANY Republican, and that makes me wonder whether they are actually out there trying, or are instead indulging in their privilege and just complaining about the results obtained by those who really are doing what they can to make things better.
Perhaps it's just that I expect more from them than from your garden variety Pig Person because I, erroneously it would seem, believe they should know better.

Thank you again for the podcast, sanity seems to become more valuable as the insanity becomes more pervasive.

-Doug in Oakland

Robt said...

With the passing of David Koch. Everyone here in Nebraska is anxiously awaiting the reading of David Koch's will.

To find out if David Koch in his will, left our two Senators to his wife. Or, Will his brother Charles inherit ownership of them.