Friday, September 28, 2018

Crisis Actor Lindsey Graham Pounds The Table



Representative Lindsey Graham, Republican, House Manager, in 1999:
"I have told you the best I can, there is no doubt these are high crimes in my opinion. This is a hard decision for our country, but when I first spoke to you I thought we'd be better off if Bill Clinton left office. I want a chance to prove to you why. Give me a chance to prove to you why I believe this. Why my colleagues voted our conscience to get this case to where it should be - not swept under a rug, but in a trial to disposition. I have lost no sleep worrying about the fact that Bill Clinton may have to be removed from office because of his conduct. I have lost tons of sleep thinking he may get away with what he did."
Donald Trump, February 2016:
Trump: Lindsey Graham a 'disgrace,' 'nut job,' 'one of the dumbest human beings'

Donald Trump on Wednesday blasted former presidential candidate Lindsey Graham for criticizing his electability and temperament to be president.

“I think Lindsey Graham is a disgrace, and I think you have one of the worst representatives of any representative in the United States, and I don’t think he should run,” Trump said about the South Carolina senator at a campaign event in front of the lawmaker's home-state crowd. “I don’t think he could run for dog catcher in this state and win again. I really don’t. Other than that, I think he’s wonderful.”

Earlier Wednesday, in an interview on Fox News, Graham said the Republican front-runner would make a “terrible commander in chief” and said the Republican Party would get “slaughtered” with him as the nominee.

“He’s one of the dumbest human beings I’ve ever seen,” Trump said.

Graham suspended his campaign in December but struggled to gain any traction in the crowded GOP field in early-state and national polls.

“He ends up at zero [percent]. Zero,” Trump said. “Here’s a guy running for the presidency — he’s at zero. He leaves in disgrace, in my opinion.”

Trump said he watched Graham speak on “America’s Newsroom” and ridiculed him for going “crazy” when the billionaire’s name was mentioned.

“I saw him on television this morning, and I think he lost it. He said 'Donald Trump, he’s' — he couldn’t even talk,” Trump said. “He was shaking. The hatred. They say, 'What do you think of Donald Trump? Well, waahhh.' He went crazy. The guy is a nut job.”
...
Lindsey Graham, also in 2016, when he was absolutely sure that Hillary Clinton would be the one seated at the other end of Pennsylvania Avenue:


But Trump won.

And so here is Senator Lindsey Graham, Republican Judiciary Committee member, this week, shrieking, bug-eyed and waving his rosy red ass in the air to appease the racist madman who now owns Lindsey Olin Graham body and soul:


As one disreputable wag once put it, Lindsey Graham is an object lesson in why it was sometimes an excellent idea for servants to be buried with their Pharaohs.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell” 
― Carl Sandburg


Behold, a Tip Jar!

4 comments:

Bill said...

"Lindsey Graham is an object lesson in why it was sometimes an excellent idea for servants to be buried with their Pharaohs."

Best sentence of the day. Perhaps of any day.

dinthebeast said...

"Please, Fergus, can I be AG after you are through having your way with my friend Jeff?"

-Doug in Oakland

Cinesias said...

"Crisis actor Lindsey Graham"...

That, alone, is worth a few bucks. Check your jar!

Robt said...

For the novices that have little history of Graham's inconsistencies of ideology.

Example, What he spoke out about of Trump during the campaign vs his manly love for Trump now.

Watching Graham on blocking the Judge Garland righteous explanation verses his practice Oscar performance in the kavanaugh half of the hearing.

(Where he and the GOP decided not to give both individuals equal treatment in the hearings with their hired Blackwater prosecutor.

Graham misplayed a very decent indignation of blaming others for Alex Jones to sell. The Judicial Crisis Network to rerun ad of the clip where Kavanaugh snivels talking about keeeping a selfie calendar from 30 year ago , just like his dear old dad.
Because that is a very emotional moment of his life.

How in the hell does a blood sucking vampire as Lindsey Graham is able to rehearse that performance (as he did) without ever being able to practice in front of a mirror.
Just reflecting on the fact.