Wednesday, September 14, 2016

We Control Matter Because We Control The Mind

"Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation -- anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those 19th century ideas about the laws of Nature.  We make the laws of Nature."

-- O'Brien, 1984

Once you start to notice that a depressingly large number of our fellow citizens have become reprogrammable Orwellian meat-puppets, the rise of Trump is not hard to understand at all.




2 comments:

Pablo in the Gazebo said...

Very recently I reread that book and it scared the fuck out of me, but the voice on the telescreen told me not to worry. You shouldn't worry either.

Lawrence said...

Early incarnation of the Reality Based Community.