Saturday, September 10, 2011

09.11.11


"I lie here not knowing … how long I've been alone.
So how … how can I heal?
How am I supposed to heal if I can't … feel time?"


-- Leonard Shelby, "Memento"

This year, the youngest explained

what she learned in school.

Last year, Atrios reminded us of the breathtaking, predatory speed with which Conservatives hijacked the events of 9/11 to demonize the Left and advance their depraved agenda.

And this from 09.11.06 still holds up far too well.

We are still mad from fever and terrible ideas.
We have not healed.
We have not yet really begun to heal.

2 comments:

rental mobil jakarta said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

David in NYC said...

I had not seen it before -- I am pretty sure I would remember it if I had -- but the post from 9/11/06 was truly, sadly brilliant.

Five more years, and what do we have?