Monday, March 07, 2011

Well Release My Kraken


and call me Hickey.

Guess who has a "blog"?
QUEENBOBO_SM

March 6, 2011, 5:30 pm
Hello
By DAVID BROOKS

...
On this blog I’m hoping to cover the sorts of intellectual, cultural and scientific findings and changes that I can’t really get into my columns or my conversations with fellow my columnist Gail Collins.
...

So, OK, if I understand the concept correctly, the world as we know it is so hungry for Brooksenalia that it cried out for a little Bobo-book-sales-boosting penis pump blog designed to copy-and-paste "Huffington" all the edgy, science-y stuff that Bobo for some reason cannot flog at any of the other outlet malls that carry his line of designer, Centrist togs and stand it in marked and separately-marketable contrast to, say, whatever bland Centrist and/or apologist and/or revisionist and/or synthascience pudding the New York Times is letting Mr. Brooks parkour around its pages in the guise of a twice-weekly column:

The New Humanism
By DAVID BROOKS
Published: March 7, 2011

...
When you synthesize this research, you get different perspectives on everything from business to family to politics. You pay less attention to how people analyze the world but more to how they perceive and organize it in their minds.
...
Or not.

Either way, I'm sure we can all look forward to scads of exciting "New thread!"s and "Rock on"s from Mr. Brooks' what-should-have-been-at best-a-Twitter-account-called-"Shit Malcolm Gladwell Says" blog for years and years to come.

4 comments:

D. said...

I hear he's going behind the paywall when they erect it.

I hope so. I won't miss him at all.

Bob Herbert, I'd miss.

mark hoback said...

You ever see Paula Dean on one of those food shows? Usually one of her sons shows up and they get to chatting... That's what I imagine his 'conservations' with Gail Collins to be like.

Anonymous said...

That picture of Bobo is one of my favorite things. If I could, I would love to put it up as wallpaper on every monitor owned by the Times, just to see the look on his face (probably similar to the pic) when he discovered it.

I wonder if he's ever seen it?

basilbeast said...

I saw him on Lawrence O'Donnell's show last night, the thing MSNBC replaced Olbermann with.

He may not be hidden behind the pay firewall for all time.

But I didn't hang around the show to hear what they said.

So sorry.